National SilveradoSS.com Event THIS Summer!

Mervz

• Admin

Well everyone. I said I would look into having a nation party this summer, and well, I’m doing it!

GM-Trucks.com members are going to be having a party, so SilveradoSS.com members should come too!

Right now, the ideas are...

Jul 31st- Aug 2nd of 2003 (Thur-Sat)

Would take place at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY. (Great place to have fun at!!)

What would be do?-

Go-kart racing, tour of the Corvette plant, scenic road tours, drag racing, group dinner, tours of the museum, time to hang out and talk, and hopefully GM concept vehicles to look at. (Yes, I think we can get those!)

I right now i'm assuming that we will have over 50 people coming! The more the better!

So, please. If your reading this, and would like to come, or would like to add some input in this, please post. :cheers:

Here are some pictures from a Camaro/Firebird event i went to in September!

Silverado SS!

p1.jpg

Lots of concepts (try to imagine trucks there!)

p2.jpg

Inside the Museum

p3.jpg

Replace these cars with trucks, and we have a party!

p4.jpg

That is about the same time www.454ss.com put on their annual shootout at Beechbend in bowling green Kentucky, (last year was Aug 3rd).

Might some of you guys be interested in joining in on the shootout?

Possible joint venture?

Mervz?

We are gonna have the track anyway, we get it every year. I am one of the club officers and site administrators at www.454ss.com I can run this by the other officers and members of the club if you like Mervz??

Our event is about fun and we have a hella good time. :D

It would be great to have some more gearheads involved.

RF

Hey the second option July 31 - Aug 3 lines up with the NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville KY, 90 miles north of Bowling Green (or 1hr :D ). This is the largest car show in the world- 11 to 12,000 cars and the coolest exhibitor lineup for aftermarket- almost SEMA like. Just a thought- been there last 4 years in a row. very cool! my black ss would be there (bowling green show) if ya do it then- killer idea mervz

• Admin

ok guys. Its looking like we're set for the weekend of the 2nd +3rd!!

The museum is getting a renting price together for us, and after that i'll have information on hotels and a schedual!! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds nice but we won't be able to attend.

Not only is it the 50th Birthday of the GREAT AMERICAN SPROTSCAR - the Corvette, we are the Caravan Leaders to bring everyone to Bowling Green and Nashville for the birthday party in the end of June. I think 2 trips from Dallas to BG plus time off from work would put a major crimp in my budget.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin
We (www.454ss.com) are having the sport truck shootout at beech bend raceway in Bowling Green kentucky August the 2nd.

It would be awesome if some of you guys came by the track. :cheers:

RF

I'll be in contact with you in the next few days! All you guys are open to come to this event!

GM-Trucks.com will be attending as well, so we can have a huge party! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived