New Guy With A 99

BLKPRL

:seeya: Well, I'll start off with hello. A year ago I was looking for wheels for my truck and happened apon turbocoops truck(thank you). So every now and then I stop by and check out this forum. I'm also on the R1 and R6 forum. My truck is a 1999 black silverado with a 4.8L and 5 speed manual. I bought and haven't stopped moding it yet. So far its got white face gauges, 10000k HIDs, clear corners, flowmaster exhaust, K&N, wait for me computer and a few other things. Since 1999 I have wanted this truck and just found it(manual trans is hard to find). I'll be posting more later. got a few problems with it, as too be expected, it has 160,000+ miles. nothing major. just little crap that makes me iratated. future upgrades are a 6.0 with a supercharger.

Anyway, hello. I'm looking forward to being part of the forum. Oh yeah, and I'm in Pueblo west, colorado.

post-15088-1227580534_thumb.jpg

post-15088-1227580605_thumb.jpg

Edited by BLKPRL (see edit history)

thanks, I got a lot of work to do to it. but its winter. So my R1 is being taken apart and thats getting mods first. In the spring/summer I will finish my truck. lots of welding to do, and see if i can get that 6.0 in there. I was going to wait for the engine to blow up so I had an excuse to give my wife, but it runs like its new. Oh well. And I love those wheels. And the toyo tires are great.

Hey man welcome to the forum. there is a ton of good info over here. and in case you dont know there is another good forum. ITs performancetrucks.net check it out tons of good info there also. welcome aboard. be ready to smash the piggy bank.....

Welcome and nice truck :thumbs:

I take it you added the black grill off of a tahoe or something? Or did you get that painted? Im going to get mine painted like that along with the bumpers and mirrors.

When I bought the truck it had the grill(you can buy a new grill already painted). I'm pretty sure it was wrecked even though nothing showed on the carfax report. I just got the bumpers painted and the mirrior. yeah only one mirrior. I have to replace the other. someone broke my drivers one and broke my back window. and dented it up with rocks. long story. But now I have an alarm and a big gun. let them try again.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. this site has already helped me alot. thats why I have a wait4me computer. I have to pull it today to be redone to remove the rear O2s. no more cats. Anyway, thanks everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
When I bought the truck it had the grill(you can buy a new grill already painted). I'm pretty sure it was wrecked even though nothing showed on the carfax report. I just got the bumpers painted and the mirrior. yeah only one mirrior. I have to replace the other. someone broke my drivers one and broke my back window. and dented it up with rocks. long story. But now I have an alarm and a big gun. let them try again.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. this site has already helped me alot. thats why I have a wait4me computer. I have to pull it today to be redone to remove the rear O2s. no more cats. Anyway, thanks everyone.

Lets see some more with the bumpers and mirror painted. What drop are you running??