Warranty Life Span

Beefer

If GM goes CH7 (shuts off the lights) then there is nobody to pay the dealers to do warranty work; and the customer will get charged.

If GM goes CH11 (forced reorganization) then *probably* the bankruptcy court will set aside enough of GM's assets to pay continuing warranty claims to dealers; but then I bet it gets much harder to get an issue covered under warranty...

The biggest problem with warranty issues is parts availability, half of GM's suppliers are also suppliers to Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, etc and if they loose GM as a customer then that's a loss of half their business, and in turn they won't survive (no business can live loosing half it's income) affecting parts availability for ALL the automakers.

Mr. P.

I was looking into another warranty for my truck but think I will wait I see. I should definitley wait and see what happens before spending money on one (thank you mr p for explaining the ch7 and ch11). I would be happy to provide them with business but if they flop and the warranty isnt promised Ill be :(:sick::puke:

I was looking into another warranty for my truck but think I will wait I see. I should definitley wait and see what happens before spending money on one (thank you mr p for explaining the ch7 and ch11). I would be happy to provide them with business but if they flop and the warranty isnt promised Ill be :(:sick::puke:

I just purchased my extended major gaurd warranty back in June for 36 months or 24,000 miles.

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)

I had an exended warranty for my truck. I got rid of it though. I was reading about what is covered and thought to my self hmmm I can most likely fix some thing that breaks. Also another thing to think of is finding a good mechanic, I mean pay him rather then twards a warranty.I just can't see throwing away that money since you can say money if something does break. But its just my .02

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...