Never Again Gm

FireRescueSS

Well, this stupid truck, will be the last GM product I'll ever buy. After 1 1/2 weeks and going, without having functioning gauges, which it can't be fixed, after waiting 5 days each time, the new cluster either won't program, or has the same problem. The fact I've had to replace 3 fuel injectors, fuel rails, fuel system module (?), and a bunch of other weird odd-ball things that a 41,000 mile truck should not be replacing. There is no service what so ever at the local GM dealership, and I've been driving 30 - 40 mins one way to the next town GM dealer, and they seem to not be able to replace this stupid instrument cluster (and they make my truck smell funny), I have now given up on GM. My next car/truck will most likely be a Honda.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If feel you brotha...I've had my share of bad experiences with the dealers. I have to double check there work every time. When the service writer calls to tell me the vehicle is done I always ask them are you sure!!!! Of coarse when I arrive that's not the case. Hell, they will tell you your truck is done and when you get there you get "Oh....we didnt do any work because we could not duplicate the problem."

Wow thats a lot of issues, makes me wonder what kind of gas/oil youve been putting in there. Im near 50k and havent had one issue with my truck...well besides the clunk in the steering which was fixed for free.

GL with the Honda, my gf's civic has had 5 issues in the last year.

Edited by KoTToN (see edit history)

man you have had bad lucky with your truck. i have had my truck for over two years now and i havent had any problems with it. until i added boost. good luck with your next ride. Just remember that ever vehicle manufacturer has its problems. i drive a honda as my DD and its a good runing little car.

Well "FireRescueSS", remember all the trucks/cars by ALL the manufactures are built by us stupid humans. :mellow: So there will be problems with ANY manufacturer you chose to do business with. I work at a GM, M/benz, Honda, Hyundia, Dodge/Jeep, BMW dealership- Believe me all these different makes & models are in our service shop everyday of the week for warranty repairs.

The best advice I can give you is at least BACK AMERICA!! At least try a Ford or Dodge vehicle if you must shy away from GM now..... :sigh:

I'll also agree with some of the other guys above, I've had good GM vehicles my whole 36 yr. old driving life.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I all have ever owned is GM, and I never plan to stray away. Every vehicle has it's faults, I don't care who makes it. I agree with Hank that the Dealership is the worst place you can go for service, I learned that from experience myself. My truck has had it's share of small and large issues as well, I just deal with the problems when they show up. No matter what breaks or what happens to my SSS, believe me, she isn't going anywhere. :wub::chevy:

We also have other makes in our dealer family, not in the same location. At ours we have Chevrolet/Subaru, but we also have Dodge, Hyundia, Kia, and they all have their quirks and problems. I've worked for 2 of the big 3 directly, and 2 imports directly. Subaru and Benz. There's really not much difference in quality. They all have their good units, and some junk. It's hard to get perfection out of a mass produced product.

I've had pretty good luck with GM products. The only GM product I had endless problems with was my 2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2, BIG POS!!!!! But the 94 Blazer I had before that was great, got 100k out of it and it was still going strong. Should of kept it, I only traded it in because I wanted something newer. :sigh:

Sorry for your bad luck!! I have owned nothing but G.M. products ,all chevy except for my 72 Firebird back in 77,anyway, i will never own anything but G.M. products...and i have NEVER had such problems as yours...

sounds like a lemon law clause to me too!