Installed PCM

cares

I thought all the hype on the reprogrammed PCM was that 'hype'..but..

I just finished the quick 20 minute install and HOLY SMOKES.... it sure

does liv'en up' the truck..

This is the most noticable mod I spent money on in a long time.

Thanks to all the Forum members who suggested this is a 'must' mod.

Bryan Herter's tune on my 1996 Impala SS (close to stock) added at least 30hp over what a Hypertech could do with better mileage, better response, and much improved shifting choices.

With the quirks that I have noted in my 2004 SSS (ie. fails to downshift when needed, downshifts when not appropriate, flat spots, and relatively poor mpg), I can't wait to get 1 of his tunes in my truck!

Rick R

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I can't help sharing, I installed my PCM today. :D Very few miles so far, but I have already noticed big improvements. I'm sure it will get even better as it breaks in (it did on my GTP when I got a tuned PCM). I will also say that I would recommend this to everyone, especially with the ability to update with future mods :cool: . Well by the end of the week I think it should be the best test when I can see if any MPG and performance increases were significant. Judging by my initial exsperience I think I will be very happy :D:D:D

-Nick

Just a question? Why did you go with PCM forless and not with Nelson? just asking :confused:

Just a question? Why did you go with PCM forless and not with Nelson? just asking :confused:

The one from Brian Herter, PCMforless.

Good feedback from other members and a SilveradoSS vendor.

I believe it is a security feature with the fuel cutout. Once the new pcm was in place it didn't stay started until the procedure was performed. I went with pcmfor less because its a fair price, are a supporting vendor, came recomended, and of course custom tuning is better than any handheld programmer IMO. I don't think there is a whole lot of difference from programmer to programmer for my needs, and people should choose who they want to go with for their own individual reasons.

-Nick

I believe it is a security feature with the fuel cutout. Once the new pcm was in place it didn't stay started until the procedure was performed. I went with pcmfor less because its a fair price, are a supporting vendor, came recomended, and of course custom tuning is better than any handheld programmer IMO. I don't think there is a whole lot of difference from programmer to programmer for my needs, and people should choose who they want to go with for their own individual reasons.

-Nick

Just a question... :uhoh:

Archived