Maintenance Question

BlackSS04

Whats up everyone, i've been busy these past days and haven't been on the site for almost a half year, but i'm back and ready to start moding again. I've aquired some extra cash and most of it is going into the truck, so i'm estatic about that. I'm want to keep the truck N/A so i'm thinking about a good head/cam combo and finishing off the rest of my bolt-ons, which only is a mod or two.

The trucks been sitting on his ass for the past couple months and i want to get him back up to snuff once again. I haven't brought it in for a good check up since I bought it used with 32K and it now had about 76K on it now. Do you all reccomend I take it in for a full check up just to make sure everything is running properly? And if so, I'm guessing I should take out my tune and replace it with the stocker, correct? I have the extended warrenty till 100K so i'm thinking I should get this done now, and I have never had a full check up on the thing since I bought it. The last couple of times i've took it in they never said anything about any of my mods, so I don't think they'll give me any shit. So tell me what you fellas think I should do. Thanks in advance. :cheers:

Probably not much to worry about, but I'd take her in just for peace of mind. They might recommend a plug/wire change, air filter, etc- basic stuff. I don't think coolant is due until 100,000.

What are everyone's thoughts on a trans flush at this mileage? I've heard good and bad things about flushing the trans, so I would be wary of that if they suggest it.

Definitely take out the tune. Even though they might not mention it, they can note that you have a custom tune in the system and use it against you later.

Edited by shockx5 (see edit history)