Tax Question.

riddle

Quick question, I got married in August. Do I Have to file Married on my taxes? even though I was single for 8 months?

I have about 12 thousand, in Itamized deductions, she Has Zero.. And I guess If your married, if One Itemize's the other has to as well?? I want to Itemize my self only.

Thank's ~Danny

the only time i ever itemized was when i was married w no child... lemme tell you, that was the biggest tax return i ever got (close to 5k fed).... i would do the whole married thing if i were you, especially if your wife has not worked for more than 60 days (i think) this year, you will then have the option to add her as a depenent. i cant wait to see what i get this year. have been deployed fot the entire 08 (did not pay a penny for fed or state tax) and now have a child and wife that i can claim as dependents...

i have heard of instances where married people that file seperate made more when they filed seperately, but dont know anyone personally that have done it..... do more research and hope all goes well!

Edited by dAt_nEw_gUy (see edit history)