Remembering Pearl Harbor

00silverad0

December 7th 1941 is a day that will live in infamy.

My grandfather (LT Commander LTCDR)was in port on the U.S.S. Colorado in Pearl Harbor having maitenence done to his ship just 2 days prior to Pearl Harbor. He left on the 5th to take off for repairs and missed the incident by 2 days.

Lets remember all of the fallen on that day that sacrificed their lives for our freedom then and now. Veterans make this country free, least we can do is to remember their sacrifices. :flag::flag::flag:

Heres a photo gallerey from our local paper.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nat...8.photogallery

There is a memorial for the USS Arizona in a small town close to me that has actual artifacts from the ship.

img_0023.jpg

img_0021.jpg

I proudly salute the members, past and present, of our armed forces. Thank you for all you do!

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

Hey Champion, I have seen your wounded warriors project banner on the bottom of your sig. One of the organizations that I volunteer with goes hand in hand with WWP. Ours is called forgotten soldiers outreach program. its a local program in South Florida sending care packages/goods/supplies to our men and women currentley deployed.

Heres the link if you wanna check it out, glad to see you are doing something to help as well.

http://www.forgottensoldiers.org/

Smoke,

Glad to hear your helping out as well. The WWP is special to me for personal reasons, my dad was one of the "Forgotten Ones". He served and defended our country in Korea and then in Nam, where he got injured. Our country did nothing to help him with his disability but he was still proud of his country and never said a bad word about it, which he instilled in me. I feel that we as a country should NEVER forget those who were injured while willingly serving our country, its the least we can do.

Smoke,

Glad to hear your helping out as well. The WWP is special to me for personal reasons, my dad was one of the "Forgotten Ones". He served and defended our country in Korea and then in Nam, where he got injured. Our country did nothing to help him with his disability but he was still proud of his country and never said a bad word about it, which he instilled in me. I feel that we as a country should NEVER forget those who were injured while willingly serving our country, its the least we can do.

Ya man, I hear ya. My dads dad was Full Colonel USAF, served in WWll, Korea & Nam as a b-17 pilot and B-52 pilot. Spent YEARS upon YEARS away from home and my dad never saw him until he was 11. My moms dad was LT Commander in the Navy for 15 yrs then became a Merchant Marine for 21 yrs after that which yielded very little family time. Both were men who served their country and never complained. I admire everyone who served and enjoy volunteering my time for people who keep this nation free.

Heres to our veterans.

Thank you to all the men and women that have served, or are serving to defend our country. We owe our life to these brave souls. They allow us to have our lives. My uncle was at Pearl Harbor and my father was in the Navy all his life.

there are no words that can convey how how feel. You do not have to support a conflict/war but you should support the men and women, period. I wish all the men and women that protect us a safe and speedy return and for those they do not make it back, i wish all the love to their families and friends. Please know that there are people that appreciate the sacrifice your loved one gave for this country.

My dad served in the South Pacific in WW II, spent a lot of time on Okinawa. Received 5 Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart. He would never talk about what took place there, but that certainly is a lot to be proud of. I really need to contact the V.A. sometime to get details of his record. I have all of his discharge papers and dog tags, so it shouldn't be too hard. :flag: