New Dodge Ram

socaliallstar82

My wife has the 09 Ram SLT with a Hemi and it is quick but I still spank her.. Her 02 Ram with the 5.9 was nicer...

Kinda funny how she prefers to drive my SSS over her Ram. BTW her Ram is still so new that the suspension feels stiffer, My 04 SSS is more of a comfortable, Caddy feel ride...

SSS FTW!!!!!! :chevy::cheers:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what ive been reading, the gearing is what really makes or breaks the new dodges. Unless they are equipped with the 3.92 rear end, they aren't any faster than the 3rd gen hemis. I think stock for stock, with the 3.92 gears, they are pretty much even with us Tundra guys. Ive seen identical times/trap speeds for both trucks. The Tundra double cab and the ram equivalent but run about 14.6-14.8 @ 96 mph bone stock.

As for the new Ram R/T, there are a few guys who hit 13.7 stock in almost perfect DA. I think the best a stock RCSB tundra has done a 13.9, but not sure what the DA was on that run. Could have been faster in better DA. Still pretty fast for no mods.

From what ive been reading, the gearing is what really makes or breaks the new dodges. Unless they are equipped with the 3.92 rear end, they aren't any faster than the 3rd gen hemis. I think stock for stock, with the 3.92 gears, they are pretty much even with us Tundra guys. Ive seen identical times/trap speeds for both trucks. The Tundra double cab and the ram equivalent but run about 14.6-14.8 @ 96 mph bone stock.

As for the new Ram R/T, there are a few guys who hit 13.7 stock in almost perfect DA. I think the best a stock RCSB tundra has done a 13.9, but not sure what the DA was on that run. Could have been faster in better DA. Still pretty fast for no mods.

I've actually seen a few guys claiming high 13 second slips for the new Ram R/T trucks. I have yet to see one out at the track though.

I have never seen a stock Toyota under 14 flat, and my bosses kid has one that's a four door with the 381?hp engine that is about as far from impressive as one could get. He has had it for a couple of years+ and when he got it we all thought it would be quick, but it's not that great.

:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Id agree, only the other way around. I think the tundra's gonna hold on to the crown for a little while longer. Not sure what the new 6.2 chevys are running though with the 6 speed. We do have 4.30's back there, plus the better tranny, and dodge is known for their huge drivetrain losses.

Not that either of those trucks could even catch some of the trucks on this site though, not yet.

as far as i know the 6.2 engine does not come in a rcsb config. i tried getting one from a local dealer they were charging an arm to do the work cuz its a special order, it wont come stock :(