Do it yourself HP?

throttle body bypass.....re-route the coolant line that passes through the throttle body, bypass it and plug off the old fittings. Your throttle body will run cooler.

port and polish your thottle body. remove it, grind it smooth and polish it. less restriction/better flow.

if you knew how to tune your PCM and had LS1edit then that would be a biggy, if not get a custom tuned solution not a Hypertech, Superchips, etc. I have Wester's PCM and I am very happy with it.

cold air intake. Drill a whole in the bottom of your airbox to let in more air...and run some plastic tubing from it to the air duct in the front and you've got ram air.

Ben, can you post a pick of how you did your TB? The last time I have seen it done was on an old fox body Mustang and all the did was chop enough to stick bolts into the hose and it looked pretty crappy. Thanks for the pics if you got them, because I know for a fact you wouldnt do a half a$% job!

How much is it really worth bypassing the throttle body? I understand the principle but not really sure how much it's worth. Does it have any adverse affects during winter time?

i've had it for a while and didn't really notice a difference as far as anything goes (performance or winter). like benkey said it was practically free and didn't take long at all. the how to is on gm-truck.com.

Does that mean I will have 845 HP? 345 stock + 500HP sticker= 845, RIGHT!! Plus, if I through on some chrome on, I will get 10 HP for each of those pieces and I will be up around 1000HP on 93 octane!!!

Ben, can you post a pick of how you did your TB? The last time I have seen it done was on an old fox body Mustang and all the did was chop enough to stick bolts into the hose and it looked pretty crappy. Thanks for the pics if you got them, because I know for a fact you wouldnt do a half a$% job!

I found this link:

Throttle Body Bypass HowTo

Is there any rewiring i can do to in crease hp?

I think that's the Dodge...and how you remove TM

The srt 10 ram? can it be done to an SS :confused:

I think the Dodges can just pull a wire or two to disable TM. For GM engines, you have to reprogram the PCM to remove TM.

Some other "free mods":

You could modify your stock muffler. One or two guys have completely gutted the stock muffler. I did this - drilled muffler mod.

Some guys pull the screen out of the MAF sensor.

Archived