Dynatech Header Question?

dkkustoms

So I got a awsome deal for a set of Dynatech with cats off Ebay. The only issue with them was the clamps are a little tweaked. They were sent out instead of the correct part and when they came back the clamps were bent, so the seller said. I just noticed that the drivers side header says 4.8 - 5.3. Is this normal? The box label says the correct part number 115-841350 but says 2002-2003. I hope they work out ok. Anyone know if this is normal?

rk0vvq.jpg

sdz8rt.jpg

vqh7hc.jpg

2hq9c34.jpg

It really doesnt matter if the clamps are bent or straight, they still never seal 100%. In fact, on my truck the 2 slip joints where those clamps go kept separating themselves. I got sick of re-tightening the clamps every few weeks, so I had the joints welded recently, problem solved....

BTW, that looks like the right kit. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

So I got a awsome deal for a set of Dynatech with cats off Ebay. The only issue with them was the clamps are a little tweaked. They were sent out instead of the correct part and when they came back the clamps were bent, so the seller said. I just noticed that the drivers side header says 4.8 - 5.3. Is this normal? The box label says the correct part number 115-841350 but says 2002-2003. I hope they work out ok. Anyone know if this is normal?

rk0vvq.jpg

sdz8rt.jpg

vqh7hc.jpg

2hq9c34.jpg

I don't like you :jester: i was the high bidder and you out bid me with like 30 seconds left of bidding. good luck with them and you got a great deal almost half price.

chris

I don't like you :jester: i was the high bidder and you out bid me with like 30 seconds left of bidding. good luck with them and you got a great deal almost half price.

chris

Sorry man. Yeah I was watching them since they got posted. They were on there for 9 days and nobody bid on the until the last day. I was freaking out when I couldn't get any internet on my iphone 5 minutes before the auction ended. My wife was pissed off that I got these. A few days before I won these I got a set of 24" dubs with wheels with tires used from a guy on Craigslist. They were a great deal too. But no matter how many times I explain it she never seems to understand how much money I'm saving us by finding all these great deals on truck parts. Maybe I'm explaining it wrong.

Thanks to anyone that chimed in about the parts being correct. I did find on Dynatech's website that under spare parts the exact same part numbers are listed so I think its right. As far as the clamps go, I was already planning on welding everything together or cutting off the slip fit joints and tigging on some v-clamps since I'm going to cut off the A.I.R fitting and weld a patch in before I have them coated.

I've been getting a lot of pms asking where I got my headers. I won them on Ebay. As I stated before the seller sent out these headers but they were the wrong part. They were returned and the clamps were damaged but they are basically new thats why I got them so cheap.