Aftermarket Maf Sensor

sabrooks005

I am interested in purchasing an 85mm, aftermarket MAF sensor for my 2003 SSS. Does anyone have any brand suggestions? Also, will any LS1 model fit the LQ9? I am still a little confused about where the LQ9 sits in the GM engine family. Thanks a lot for your help!

Tune after a different size aftermarket MAF...yes absolutely required IMHO.

Going from stock to an aftermarket 85mm is not a good performance upgrade IMHO. I would expect minimal gains here especially if you already had a tuner go over your tune in the first place..

The stock MAF has supported pretty big HP numbers, no need to change or de-screen.

:chevy:

Edit: If you are going to go with an aftermarket MAF, I would suggest the Lingenfelter 100mm piece.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Thanks a lot, Krambo. I recently bought some ported and polished 317 heads and was trying to add a few mods, since I'm going to be tearing part of the engine down. I am hesitant on installing a cam, because of all the work and new parts required. I will probably go with the heads, new intake manifold, and headers. Thanks again.

If you are going to be doing heads, I strongly suggest doing the cam at the same time. All in all, it may add an additional hour worth of work at that point (if that) however can add 50 or more HP with those heads. Think it over :cheers: