New Member In Mi W/ 06 Sierra Denali

jck3120

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. Just bought an 06 Sierra Denali, black w/ gray leather and 20" factory chromes. Has the 6.0L LQ9 Vortec Max and AWD. Truck is stock, except for tinted windows all around and an A.R.E. fiberglass tonneau cover. So far I love it! Had placed an 05 Silverado SS on hold but the dealer sold it out from under me. Soon I wanna do exhaust (debating between Corsa Sport and Magnaflow), C.A.I, a tune (don't know from where yet...suggestions?), and some HID's. And eventually I'll go forced induction. We'll see where this takes me... :) Thanks!

Here's a picture just before I bought it, will get some new ones once there's a nice day out here in MI...

Denali1.jpg

Welcome, where in MI??

there is a nice group of us here in MI.

side note: I have a corsa sport that might fit your truck and we might be close to each other :thumbs:

Thanks guys! I'm actually just west of Flint, but I work at the GM tech center in Warren as a powertrain development engineer. Would love to meet some fellow SS/Denali owners in MI. I'm real interested in that exhaust, why did you remove it from your truck? Good shape? Price? PM me if you'd rather...Thanks!

Welcome. I'm a forced induction guy in Waterford and also have the Corsa sport, but I'm NOT SELLING IT :jester:

Thats a bit of a hike to the tech center from where you are. My dad retired from GM and I have a couple of friends who work down there still...for now.

I was talking with another member not to long ago how we should have a winter meet somewhere in the metro detroit area. There a ton of great bar and grilles in the area that would probably love to host a small group like us.

I was talking with another member not to long ago how we should have a winter meet somewhere in the metro detroit area. There a ton of great bar and grilles in the area that would probably love to host a small group like us.

a memeber owns a bar in STclairshores...slow5.0

RiceEater is in Flint I think??

Welcome. I'm a forced induction guy in Waterford and also have the Corsa sport, but I'm NOT SELLING IT :jester:

Thats a bit of a hike to the tech center from where you are. My dad retired from GM and I have a couple of friends who work down there still...for now.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but how do you like the Corsa sport? I want something fairly loud and aggressive, but not so obnoxious that I will constantly be getting pulled over. Cops in my small town are real pricks about that. I'm already gonna get it for the dark windows...

I would love to meet up with a bunch of you guys sometime. Pontiac/Auburn Hills area works great for me. Will feel kinda inadequate since I'm sure most of you have some pretty serious mods done, but gotta start somewhere and would love to get some ideas!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)