Wasted A Svt Mustang Yesterday

1 Fast SS

Yes, it's true, I beat a white 02' or 03' SVT Mustang yesterday. I was sitting a red light when this earlier model SVT mustang pulled up next to me. He had his windows down, so I know that he could hear my cam chopping real nice with my cutouts open. I looked over and seen the SVT in the center of his caps on the rims, plus I seen the Cobra on the front fender. I was nervous because I've never ran one before, and I thought he was going to eat me up. Well, I took off kind of hard but not enough to bark the tires. When I looked in my mirror, he wasn't racing, so I started to slow down. Maybe he didn't want to waste his time on a truck. Then I hear this blower whining up and he was coming up fast. He was about 1 car behind me at the time, and approaching quick. Luckly I was still in second gear and doing between 25-30. I downshifted hard into 1st, and the truck felt like the front wheels were going to come off the ground. By this time his front bumper was at my door, and still pulling. When I downshifted it took off hard and started to stay even with him. When the truck hit 6000rpms and hit second gear, it chirped the tires and started to pull on him. Damn, my blood was pumping about 100mph. By the time we hit 70 or 75, I had about one or two lenghts on him, plus it was a short race until the next stop light. We didn't have time to whined out third gear. I couldn't believe that my truck pulled on him like that. Maybe it would have been a different story if we were from a dig or the SVT had a longer stretch to whined out. I'm not sure, but it sure felt good knowing that my truck could do that. I was pretty happy when I got home and told the wifey about it, when she :idiot: smacked me upside the head and said, what the hell are you doing racing on the street?! I just told her it was a spur of the moment, and walked away with a grin from ear to ear. :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool Ivan. I can go with you. I'm hoping that Zippy can send me my shift kit, and that I have my stall too before then. Still waiting on him to get back to me. I gotta have the truck re-tuned as well, so I can be in the mid 13's with you. I didn't know you got a new tranny and stall. When did you get those?

Have you got your procharger in or is your mod list up to date?
No, I might be a while before I get the Procharger, if I do. With the econ. the way it is, I can't afford it. My mod list is up to date. The cam really gives me alot more hp and tq. Just need to get my shift kit and stall.
Nice kill Terry, I am liking your cam more and more everytime i hear about it. :ninja:
Thanks Dan, it really helps.