Taylor Wire Hitting The Headers

Hey Crew, just wanted 2 know. I dont drive the truck 2 much mostly weekends, 2 day getting my oil changed I went 2 start the beast know as KAOS, like it struggled 2 turn on, it kinda back fired, then it turned on like nothing on the 3rd try. I drove home and realized that 2 of my wires were touching the headers, Could this cause it 2 misfire? also a couple of months back my O2 sensor went out and was sending crazy amounts of gas, Could dat have riuned the spark plugs? Thanks CREW SS :cheers:

Yes it can look at your wires and see if the rubber on the wires is cracked or broken. I had the same problem about three months back had to get new wires the spark was arching from the wire to my header causing my engine to misfire and throw a DTC code. I would check your wires out as soon as you get a chance.

Yes it can look at your wires and see if the rubber on the wires is cracked or broken. I had the same problem about three months back had to get new wires the spark was arching from the wire to my header causing my engine to misfire and throw a DTC code. I would check your wires out as soon as you get a chance.

Thanks Bro, I was kinda leaning towards dat, just wanted 2 make sure. I have no problems while drivin, well no dat I know of I saw the check engine light turn on just didnt click 2 check anything out til 2 da. Did u have any problems during the bad wire inccident, while driving?

1 more ? for da mean time do u think black tape around the wire would help til new wires come in? Thanks Again Bro :cheers:

Edited by KaOs5582 (see edit history)

well one wire down can make your truck run bad. i ran my truck at the track with good wires. on my next run one burnt though and i went a second slower my next pass so yeah it will make your truck run bad. this was on a boosted motor so you can notice right away if your plugs are bad or a wire is bad.

First time i ever heard of taylor wires hitting the headers, almost always happens with MSD. Mine fit perfectly but when i was using MSD i ziptied them to the oil dipstick and some of them together slightly to pull them away from the headers as to avoid burning thru them.

First time i ever heard of taylor wires hitting the headers, almost always happens with MSD. Mine fit perfectly but when i was using MSD i ziptied them to the oil dipstick and some of them together slightly to pull them away from the headers as to avoid burning thru them.

:withstupid: Thats why I switched to the Taylor 409s, three of my original MSDs were laying on the primaries and had to be zip-tied out of the way. Are you running Taylor 409s or another model of Taylor wires?

dont let them touch! convection heat is bad but conducting heat will fry the insulator. then you are dealing with double heat issues.

I wrapped a piece of #12/#14 copper wire around the wire, 4-5 turns, then I bolted it to the head using one of the accesory bolts. then I bent the copper to maintain space between the wire and the header. The one wire I had to use a longer wire b/c of the funky driversside header.

Yes when i melted through my stock wires my truck was running horrible my check egine light was flashing that one wire being bad was causing my all my other cylinders to misfire also. I wound up making a bracket at work to hold my MSD wires off of the primaries. no problem since then. but early next spring i plan on getting the 409's for better performance and less headaches.

I have The Thundervolt 50's, I just put 2 of my originals back on, for the mean time. I got them from jegs, but they and Summit have like 7 days 2 ship, pretty much til next year 2 send them. Yea I have 2 zip tie them away from the headrs. Since i had the sparks and wires b 4 the headrs didnt even notice it, Thanx again CREW SS :cheers:

Hummmmm.... when I installed my MSD's, they were hitting the headers until I slightly bent them away. Now they are straight, but my engine light still comes on for some reason. Still trying to find out why? Can one of the wires be broken inside, and I just don't know it. You would think that it would take alot to break one of these, but you never know. I guess I could do resistance check on them.

DSC02182.jpg