Lt Headers

james6585

so got some magnaflow duels put on my truck saturday and it sounds really good i like that mellow sound they so i asked the guy what about some lt header and he said that he couldnt do it beacause you have to fool with the cats and i said what if i remove the cats and he told me if i do that i could have some serious problems. So i asked the tech at my work he said he could do it screw the cats get a Y pipe all its going to do it set my ck engine light so know i dont know what to do i need some advice :chevy:

remove the cats if u want, just get your truck tuned for 02 sensor delete and you will be absolutely fine...i have an off road y with 02 sensor delete and i have no problems

is it worth all the trouble to remove the cats, some one told me shorty headers aint worth shit there like the stock manifold

is it worth all the trouble to remove the cats, some one told me shorty headers aint worth shit there like the stock manifold

it's personal preference really. if you remove them your exhaust will be noticeably loud. i got the off road y because even with LT's my exhaust was quiet with cats...enter the Off road y pipe and my exhaust is now ear bleeding loud. if you wanna keep it legal keep em on there. but you can always keep them and hollow them out to have that "legal look"...and don't get shorties...get longtubes

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

shorties are a waste IMO? But like was said..I dont run cats and have a Y with Lt's..just tuned the rear O2's out and no problems.

yea i dont want it that loud what about some performance converters, and how would i put the long tubes on with the cats

well performance high flow cats will make your exhaust slightly louder. to be honest just keep your stock cats because they don't flow all that bad..someone correct me if im wrong

you can buy LT headers with cats, its a bit more expensive. or buy the LT's and have an exhaust guy fab your old cats to the LT's. or just get rid of the cats. either way you need to get a tune to get the most out of it. I may be getting rid of my high flow cats that came with my system, shoot me a PM if interested.

Whatever you buy get LT'S and I would advise you get them coated with jet hot coating or something similar. You will get different preferences from different people in here. I'm personally a fan of the new style Dynatech LT's. It's a very nice quality bolt on system. good luck with whatever you decide to go with :cheers:

remember if you remove the cats you might get that rotten egg smell every once in a while, a drone in the cab and you wont be legal. I plan on installing my pacesetter lt's and high flow cats and see how loud it comes out. I might have to switch out to stocks if it to loud in the cab with the coarsa cat back with the sport muffler. keep us posted. as far as the tc. I have the tbtc, servos and shift kit done by Toy Shop here locally in southern cal and like the firm shifts :D although my wife and 14month old dont care for it to much.

remember if you remove the cats you might get that rotten egg smell every once in a while, a drone in the cab and you wont be legal.

The only time you will get a rotten egg smell is if you have a catalytic converter that is going bad. Check your state's smog laws, some states do not have strict smog laws, so running with deleted cats technically is legal in some areas........

remember if you remove the cats you might get that rotten egg smell every once in a while, a drone in the cab and you wont be legal. I plan on installing my pacesetter lt's and high flow cats and see how loud it comes out. I might have to switch out to stocks if it to loud in the cab with the coarsa cat back with the sport muffler. keep us posted. as far as the tc. I have the tbtc, servos and shift kit done by Toy Shop here locally in southern cal and like the firm shifts :D although my wife and 14month old dont care for it to much.

you'll enjoy the sound very much, it's not loud at all

so i guess ill keep the stock cats on there but how do you install the lts u must have to cut the pipe and push the cats back huh

Yea just move da cats back a lil, you should b fine. I have Pacesetter LT's, no cats, and tru-dual Super 44. Sounds pretty damn loud, but then again im in Tx. Hope u enjoy ur decision :cheers: