Apple Quicktime - Mediaplayer

Stitches040

Hey Guys ....

I have received a new piece of Surveillance equipment, which records on a 60 gb hard drive. Once the video is recorded, all the images are played through Apple QuickTime. It records at a rate of 30 JPEGs a Second. Not bad. Just wondering where I can now go to edit the video. I can not find anything that comes with the equipment that tells me how to edit the video. This is due to I may need to zoom in or brighten up what is being videoed.

BTW ... I have some nice video of the Deer in my backyard. I'm trying now to load it up on YouTube.com .... :thumbs:

Thanks in advance ....

Shuan

Hey Guys ....

I have received a new piece of Surveillance equipment, which records on a 60 gb hard drive. Once the video is recorded, all the images are played through Apple QuickTime. It records at a rate of 30 JPEGs a Second. Not bad. Just wondering where I can now go to edit the video. I can not find anything that comes with the equipment that tells me how to edit the video. This is due to I may need to zoom in or brighten up what is being videoed.

BTW ... I have some nice video of the Deer in my backyard. I'm trying now to load it up on YouTube.com .... :thumbs:

Thanks in advance ....

Shuan

i use cucsoft ipod converter i dont think you can edit quick time movies with it but it change change different video formats i use it to put my dvd collection on my ipod, so it might be able to change you vids to windows media files... the suite does loads of different formats

hope this helps

eamonn

its probably played (associated) with QuickTime, but the file extension is something else. If you can post up what the file extension is, smart people will be able to help find a proggy to edit with. Did you try opening it with Windows Movie Maker, or import video in that program?

I'm guessing you will have to convert the .mov to .avi or something similar. There are some .mov editors out there but it doesn't seem like there is a clear cut winner yet. Most people are converting to .avi or DVD formats and then editing with Windows Movie Maker. Unfortunetly the file size gets pretty large.

Some people are upgrading to QuickTime PRO and it has some exporting / editing features ( I've been told, never looked into).

Just some random thoughts, I don't have any experience with any .mov editing, just some light reading I came across when I started to convert files to work on my phones and PDA's and such.

also Fat32 is just the structure format for the media storage. Basically it is accepted by all operating systems and makes it really easy to transfer media between different operating systems. Basically a table of contents (or dewey decimal system) for the information to be shared/used. As Far As I Know anyways :)