E Fans scare

MustBBrent

Well, today I had my first scare with the electric fans. I had the truck idling in the driveway while I put my old Cal king water bed mattress and box springs in the back... took a while. Anyway, when I got in the cab, the cold a/c was hot. and I noticed that the coolant temp was nearing 260 deg. Anyway, I drove off, and the temp cooled just a bit, but I got caught in stop and go traffic... and the temp jumped to almost the red line at the right. I got to the salvation army where I was dropping the bed off... turned off the key... restarted when I was unloaded, and everything works fine. I can't seem to reproduce it either. Fans are working flawlessly.

guess the fans overheated???? Anyone ever seen this behaviour?

Join the club. Mine has done the same thing numerous times. I couldn't get it to come on at all yesterday. Look up posts on electric fans from the past week or two. You'll see my posts.

have also parked the truck for the night, and come out the next morning to a completely dead battery. I think thats the VSC bleeding off power sometimes and draining the battery.

I think I'm going to remove the VSC today. I'm taking back control of my coolong needs, FREEDOM! :P

UPDATE - Went out today to move the truck. Dead battery AGAIN. The Flex-a-lite VSC is no longer installed. Temporarily, the fans are hooked up to run at 1/2 speed when ever the truck is running.

This will be the next thing I do. Although, mine will be permanant.

Archived