Ipod Interface Or New Head-unit

Ipod Interface or New Head-Unit  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do to my stereo system, to accomidate my new Ipod Nano?

• Ipod Interface (Update Stock Bose stereo with an Ipod module)
    • New Head-Unit - One that has an AUX plug in.

I'd say going with a new head unit is the way to go... Get a head unit that will control your ipod. I have an Alpine (single DIN) and I ran the iPod cable from the back of the HU to the glove box. It plugs into the bottom of my iPod and I can control the iPod with the HU and the iPod stays in the glove box. Works out well, especially since I kept the steering wheel controls too!

• 4 months later...

IMO from experience, the OEM ipod interfaces dont work so well with GM headunits. not to say they dont 'work', but they will experience problems and freeze, etc, much more often than an aftermarket unit designed for an ipod (basically every headunit available aftermarket). ive used periphials, PAC, GM accessories (was a periphial unit slightly different); they all had issues frequently, and i personally dont like the way they function and display. but, the OEM interface is obviously way more cost efficent, and makes much more sense unless you were looking for other features as well as ipod intergration. just my .02, im picky with audio :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the peripheral Ipod adaptor and experienced freezing, then switched to the Peripheral Media Gateway for Ipod and no freezing, plus the Ipod went into glove box. no need to use the controls on IPOD and used the factory head unit.. both are for sale to someone that wants to add Ipod to factory stereo.. just the diff in sound quality from CD to Ipod was night and day..