Installed The Pioneer Avic D3

I put my D3 in last week and so far am very pleased with it. The movies on it look great and it works well with my ipod. I am also surprised how fast it boots up. Only thing I am a little concerned about is the NAV. If I enter my Destination as Las Vegas as I went there for Xmas from outside the phoenix area where I live, it was routing me almost 150 miles out the wrong way. This was set on the fastest route option, at first it would say it was 278mi from me to LV then drive it would jump up to 400 miles and have changed my routing. Any ideas why it would do this? If I select shortest route it seems to be the proper one but I haven't used it enough to verify. Other than that it seems like a solid unit so here are some shots of it.

Picture143.jpg

Picture145.jpg

Picture147.jpg

nah, didn't bother with the wheel controls, its easy enough to just rest my hand on the gear shifter and touch the screen. Oh I forgot to add, if anyone were to try and steal this thing they might as well take the truck, I have it strapped to 3 different metal support brackets within the dash

I'm still getting use to the NAV but i was trying to figure out the truckers route to bypass the mess I was in. I couldn't take the chance of turning around, going back 5 miles and be wrong just to sit in traffic again. I went 4 miles in 2hrs once I got near the Dam, they need to friggin make it two lanes to the check point or finish that new bridge!!!

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

I have one too and its great, did you make a disc with pictured on it to upload to it yet? Check out avic411.com if you have any more problems. The nav is supposed to be crappy but it always seems to work good on mine, I barley ever use it though. Look into the bluetooth adapter too its really sweet