Sweet Cam

blackbeast ss

what rockers/springs and pushrods did u use. I was checking out tsp's website, and the cam is salty, but it says 40 hp to the wheels!!

**sorry, found the info in another post**

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put back in huh.?. getting it built up??? or did that lil cam of urs take it out??? eitherway u know it was gonna have to happen... cant wait for the WOT vids so hurry up guay!!!

-Rob

yeah put back in... at was already built the 3 times it went out prior to the last time.....and hopefully this is the last trans failure for a while :(

yeah put back in... at was already built the 3 times it went out prior to the last time.....and hopefully this is the last trans failure for a while :(

really?!?!? damn 3 times i never knew that, wat were ur issues with the past time besides the sprag 2nd the first time???

only guessing at these:

sprag = 1???

installed stall = 2???

wat was the third???

-Rob

really?!?!? damn 3 times i never knew that, wat were ur issues with the past time besides the sprag 2nd the first time???

only guessing at these:

sprag = 1???

installed stall = 2???

wat was the third???

-Rob

1. output shaft snaped in half

2. pump went out

3.pump again and took converter with it

on a good note his making alot more power than before,i drove his truck and it feels very strong pulls very good.take it to the track to see what she runs now :devil: maybe low 13s? :eek:

only guessing at these:

sprag = 1???

installed stall = 2???

wat was the third???

-Rob

yeah what ivan said. . . .lol. . . the first time was way before the cam, 1st was the sprag, 2nd was the clip on the 2nd gear servo broke, thus is when i built the trans, 3rd the output sahft snaped, 4th the pump went out, 5th the pump went out taking the converter with it :(

1. output shaft snaped in half

2. pump went out

3.pump again and took converter with it

on a good note his making alot more power than before,i drove his truck and it feels very strong pulls very good.take it to the track to see what she runs now :devil: maybe low 13s? :eek:

yeah thats the plan at least ese. . .maybe take a trip up to vegas to run up there :cheers:

what other exhaust components are you running other than obx lt's? I noticed that you were tuning during the video, is that something that has to be done in person, or can it be done by mail order, i.e. blackbear, zippy, etc.?

im not running OBX headers. . .im running coated pacesetter LT, no cats and custom exhaust with 18" magnaflow muffler. depending on how big the cam is but it doesnt necessarily need to be done in person for small cams

sorry, i thought it was obx's. just wondering about the tune, i was thinking of that cam also, really like the sound, and it seems to be a mild enough cam for a dd. thanks

yeah i like it for my DD but its not for the weak kneed though, its not really on the mild side, its more aggressive than most run on their dd trucks so to speak. 228*/228* .588"/.588" 112 LSA with XER lobes

just supposing i was going to put this cam in, is the stock tc gonna hold, or do I need to up the stall speed? if I do, by how many rpm's?

oh hell no, you definatly gonna need a stall converter (3000 minimum) to go good with the cam.