New Exhaust Set Up

Jaymz

Finally got everything back together...since I already had the entire exahust system laying on the garage floor I decided to try something new with the setup. I knew it would be a challenge getting it out the drivers side... but after plenty of measuring and bends we got it. No rev videos yet sorry, Have a few more issues to figure out...have no idea what it sounds like WOT

btw.. this is a cold start AND I know its dirty as hell... been sitting in the garage for 2 months

what ya'll think ?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/j...nt=MOV01449.flv

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

I like how you got it to exit on both sides of the truck. I have a question though. :confused: Does the exhaust pipe that exits on the driver's side go anywhere near the gas tank? If it does, aren't you worried that the exhaust pipe will heat up the gas tank? I too wanted to exit my exhaust on both sides of my truck, but I had that fear of the exhaust pipe heating up my gas tank.

so what did you do? no cats no mufflers? sounds good :cheers:

ya, I've always had deleted cats.. I removed my Dumps and Flowmaster 40s

He crossed it underneath before the tires.

I like it sounds good and its really different. Can you get more pics of it??

I'll get more as soon as I can get it cleaned up a bit and not running so lean, maybe some rev videos aswell

I like how you got it to exit on both sides of the truck. I have a question though. :confused: Does the exhaust pipe that exits on the driver's side go anywhere near the gas tank? If it does, aren't you worried that the exhaust pipe will heat up the gas tank? I too wanted to exit my exhaust on both sides of my truck, but I had that fear of the exhaust pipe heating up my gas tank.

it does run under the tank, theres about 3/4" from the pipe to the tank. We ran it diretly below the metal strap that holds up the tank to try to defer heat from the plastic cover. It's also 3" pipe.. the heat is pretty well disapated by the time it gets all the way back to the tip. We let it run/idle for almost 25 minutes.. so far so good. I'm goin to run it around the block a few times and hit it with a electronic thermometer and see what its sitting it.

I've seen alot of ppl exiting both on the passenger side.. so heres something different.. :cheers:

wat the hell!!!!! i swear to god i was thinking about this today when i was under the truck, i kept looking at it and picturing how i would go about routing the pipes to not be so cllose to the gas tank.

if i can figure out a way to route them to where i'm confortable with the distance i might try it.

i like it tho it looks good i'm not liking the tips but the position looks good. not a fan of the sound either...

-Rob

I'll be honest. I think it sounds like a tractor. However, it probably sounds better in person.

It's not for me. I like the more deep sounding exaust.

with 3" pipes this is about as deep as it gets buddy lol

and your correct-you'd have to hear it in person, it sounds 5x better. I've got a $29 camera that runs off AA batteries..as you can emagine the sound quality is very poor. Just like telephones, cameras have a hard time recording low db's

I took it up to 4k a few times today, sounds awesome IMO-very aggresive. Alot better than my previous systems (accelators, flowmasters, and borlas )

Heres another short video of a very light take off... you can kind of get the idea what it sounds like under the throttle.. still having some tuning issues which won't be fixed untill next week. My buddy who has EFI left town.

:cheers::pop:

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/j...nt=MOV01453.flv