How Long Has Your Battery Lasted

shopman1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2126 days OR 5 years, 9 months, 24 days

Here lately we've had about a month of days that were in the teens, and some days at and just below 0°, and my factory battery has done fine albeit a little slower on the colder days. I've been researching new batteries and looked at my factory one and it's only a 600 cca battery, which flat amazes me that it is still working due to -10° to +100°+ temps we can have here. As long as this one has lasted I think I'm going to try and find a local dealer for another ACDelco.

same here, replaced it this summer with a red top.

Mine didnt last more than a year. Truck sits a lot though. May of had something to do with it.

same here. mine lasted a year and i have gone thru alot of optimas since then. if i plan on parking it any longer than 3 days i dissconect the battery.

same here. mine lasted a year and i have gone thru alot of optimas since then. if i plan on parking it any longer than 3 days i dissconect the battery.

Geez, unhook the battery! I've never had to do that and I've let it sit for a couple of weeks without any problems. Having to do that would really P*** me off!

I just stuck a new one in mine around June of 08. So I guess I got 4yrs and a few months out of the original one before it totally died. The last year and a half I kept a solar charger on it since it sits for long periods of time. If I didn't have that hooked up to it, it would of never made it that long, the truck use to barley start. Got a nice new DieHard.