A Lil Wiring

fast4popper

well since the truck is goin in for paint in about 3 weeks i had to get some shit done. here it is, the wiring for my alarm to do the following things from the remote.

arm/lock, disarm/unlock, remote start, windows up/down, heated seat settings either high mid or low, tonno cover up/down, pop open drivers door, pop open passenger door, purge my N20, turn radio on or off. all this from the remote. this pic is of the 7 relays needed to do some of the functions. it really wasnt that bad but since i am shaving my door handles i had to get this done and with the things i have goin on, it had to be done yesterday. thought you would enjoy the pics.

yes its fused, i have a viper alarm with only 4 buttons, i also have other DEI parts in the mix. if you want part numbers i can get them to you but i didnt want to bore you with them if you dont want them

comment away..

post-5722-1231199070_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1231199088_thumb.jpg

I just put a Valet 561T in my BIWs truck this past weekend. I thought I had a bunch of wiring. You got me beat!

Just a tip. I scavanged the relay bank out of an old Bonneville in the junkyard. They have 12 sealed highpowered relay on the firewall. It took me 8 hours. He couldn't believe how long I was taking. He asked me how long it took to build harnesses for my cars and I said a while. I let him do the neutral bypass switch. He used the blue no heat shrinkable butt splices. His splices did not even survive routing the harness back up under the dash. When I am done my harnesses can double for rock climbing rope:-) It just takes a while.

I just put a Valet 561T in my BIWs truck this past weekend. I thought I had a bunch of wiring. You got me beat!

Just a tip. I scavanged the relay bank out of an old Bonneville in the junkyard. They have 12 sealed highpowered relay on the firewall. It took me 8 hours. He couldn't believe how long I was taking. He asked me how long it took to build harnesses for my cars and I said a while. I let him do the neutral bypass switch. He used the blue no heat shrinkable butt splices. His splices did not even survive routing the harness back up under the dash. When I am done my harnesses can double for rock climbing rope:-) It just takes a while.

these are 40 amp relays and with being under the dash, no need to be sealed. if an install for a remote start took you 8 hours, then you aint chargin enough. as for the no heat shrink connectors, its all in the crimp tool. mine are the ratcheting type that dont let go till the terminal is crimped properly.

BTW, no need to worry about things going wrong, I been doin this a lil while, 18+years to be exact. i have ways into my truck if i need to get in, hence windows and doors on remote. if one goes bad i have the other to let me in. if one battery goes dead under the hood i have another to switch too, and if they both take a dump, i have an aux power supply point to plug into and give power to the truck to use the accesories.

thanks for the compliments guys, I have 2 more aux outputs to use on something that i cant decide yet. anyone have any ideas?

wow thats awesome. but im glad its you doing it and not me. are you just getting the paint redone in stock form or are you changing colors?

no change of color. just red. SMOOOOOTHing everything off the truck. antennas, handels, bumper, custom hood, and deeper gloss.

should be perty sweet.

thanks for the compliments guys, I have 2 more aux outputs to use on something that i cant decide yet. anyone have any ideas?

I saw that you had the tonneau cover all wired in, but what about a separate set of pistons for the tailgate? I know usually you wire them in sync to tonneau goes up --> tailgate goes down, but it might be to have them on separate switches.

Aaaaaand, if you do that: May as well go for broke and put some pistons on the hood too. Couple of button pushes and the doors are open, tonneau is up, tailgate is down, and the hoop is open... Sounds like a show-stopper to me!

Let us know what you decide to go with, I'm watching your closely for more ideas!!!

PS: Where are you hiding all this under the dash? Is the a lot of room on the firewall behind the dash? I've never peeled the interior out of anything newer than a '92... You should see the wiring job I did on my 1985 GMC 6.2L Suburban, talk about relays!