My Sss Is Being Weird

mcmahan

well guys after a 3000 mile trip home and a 3000 mile trip back, my sss is doing some weird things. while i was home i had my truck serviced at my dads dealership. now my tach seems to wanna work when it wants to. my exhaust is rattling cant find what its hitting, my check engine light came on. also when its at idle its idling normal then drops down to 100-200 rpm's then jumps back up. this all started today all within minuits of each other. needless to say im pretty frustrated. any help will be greatly appreciated. im going to try to get it to the dealer soon. thanks all.

Justin

rattling sounds like your cats maybe. i think if your under 77k you should still have them under warranty. that would cover the rattling and check engine light. your cluster may be going out as well. not positive about all that but whatever it is i hope you get it fixed

You can fix your idle issue by taking your truck out for at least a 10 mile drive (I recomend at least a 20 mile drive). I had the same problem and it was from the truck sitting too much and not being driven. It needed to re-learn the proper idle after the engine cycled twice and now that my truck is sitting for the winter, I start it up every 3-5 days to keep the idle normal, and get the fluids running.

Just like BlackSSS46 said, your cluster is going and also sounds like a cat issue.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)