Amazing Pics

SS Silv

Jeez maybe Im dating myself but I remeber watching the first test flight of the shuttle on TV. Well actually it was a glide. They piggy backed on a 747 then broke free for the test flight. Guess that was '78 or '79 can't remember.

*** Cough *** Cough *** .... Me too ... LOL ... Boy, am I getting old ....

Those pics are are really amazing. I was born in 84 so I missed all the glory for the beginning of the space age (man landing on the moon, first space walk, shuttle unveiling). I just hope we land on mars in my lifetime and I cant wait for the first pics and take off of the new NASA space vehicle that takes astronauts into space that replaces the shuttle.

:flag:

*** Cough *** Cough *** .... Me too ... LOL ... Boy, am I getting old ....

:withstupid:

some where around here, i have pics that i took at Edwards AFB of the shuttle Enterprise on display at the air show in Sept 1980. i was suprised at how small it was, but still a thrill at that time :cheers:

:seeya:

I am guessing that one 747 just has some serious aftermarket engines on her and that it is the 747 version making trips to US-Australia (those 747s are shorter, and have bigger tanks to carry more fuel).

I am guessing that one 747 just has some serious aftermarket engines on her and that it is the 747 version making trips to US-Australia (those 747s are shorter, and have bigger tanks to carry more fuel).

I am assuming that the 747 is gutted.

Ya its a cargo 747 gutted, just meant that it was the same design as the commercial passenger 747s. Just trying to guess if it has the same feature with the extra fuel tank. Think they need extra fuel to fly that from cali to FL with all that weight on the 747?

Those pics still amaze me.

:withstupid:

some where around here, i have pics that i took at Edwards AFB of the shuttle Enterprise on display at the air show in Sept 1980. i was suprised at how small it was, but still a thrill at that time :cheers:

:seeya:

I took a tour of Kennedy Space Center during the special stuff they were putting on for the bi-centennial in 1976. They had things open that had never been open to the public before. Talk about ancient history! :)