Test Drove A Tbss

ss454327

I wasn't overly impressed with the TBSS today...at least not $44k worth of impressed. The lowend wasn't anywhere near what my truck has though I can easily tell it's faster it just lacks that balls down low. My truck will snatch the crap out of you if you goose it at a rolling idle while the TBSS felt like it had a loose stall and wouldn't lock up. My wife didn't like it anywhere near as well as my truck. We test drove several vehicles today and the only one I liked was the Hemi 300 so I can imagine what the SRT 300 would do. We've already drove the G8 GT and both love it so she's probably getting the GT or GXP G8 when the time comes.

tunes have a lot to do with it. my wifes ran [email protected] with only tire change everything else stock 13.5@102 with 265 40 22

www.youtube.com/eevilss

as for races ive raced many silvy ss and out here not many run low 13s with bolts on. With just a tire change and yank 3600 her tbss should run high 12s easy.

Now 44k for price?? you can get a fully loaded 3ss out the door for 32k from carsdirect.com right now.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

You guys are smokin crack if you think your silverado ss will take a tbss from the line or a roll. Who roll races anyways..... ricers. Its a shame that the silverado is supposed to be a performance truck. Atleast the tbss is worth its price tag, and if im quite sure silverado ss's had a bout a 40k price tag. Hell, even the STOCK and non HIGH PERFORMANCE dodge and ford truck with comparable v8's would for the most part match if not spank a silverado ss. Haha, they even dropped the 4wheel disc and slapped on some fossil drum brakes on the 2006 model.

You guys are smokin crack if you think your silverado ss will take a tbss from the line or a roll. Who roll races anyways..... ricers. Its a shame that the silverado is supposed to be a performance truck. Atleast the tbss is worth its price tag, and if im quite sure silverado ss's had a bout a 40k price tag. Hell, even the STOCK and non HIGH PERFORMANCE dodge and ford truck with comparable v8's would for the most part match if not spank a silverado ss. Haha, they even dropped the 4wheel disc and slapped on some fossil drum brakes on the 2006 model.

great way to join the SS ranks :(

I liked them till I saw more girls driving them than guys

and

The ones I have seen modded have not run that great, the LS2 while great is a bit touchy.

Just observing the owners of both groups (which I initally felt were the same) they are very different. I am guessing alot younger.

While the TBSS is a nice truck, it is not the one off build like the silverado SS.

I think I could take a TBSS, and most of them pull up thinking they are going to win hands down...

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

First of all, do some research before you come in and shoot your mouth off, find out the differences between a stock SSS and a stock TBSS, YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM PLAIN AND SIMPLE! I'll will tell you that YOU are "smokin crack" sir.....if you here to start a flame war, you are in the absolute wrong place pal, we are all Chevy/GM car & truck enthusiasts here who drive everything from SSS's, TBSS's, Denali's, C10's, to Camaro's and Vette's......

This was a great way to introduce yourself, welcome to the site, now gtfo2.gif

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)