52 members have voted

1. 1. whats intake do you guys like?

• BBK SSI intake
    • F.A.S.T. LSX intake
    • LS1 intake
    • LS2 intake
    • LS6 intake
    • other?

ok so i want to do an intake upgrade, im leaning twards the fast but dont like the price.....my goal is more air flow, i am running a 100 shot and want to upgrade to a 90mm throttle body and maybe down the road direct port any help here would be great? who has what and why they like/dont like it

does anyone have the bbk, like the price and the shine, is this stronger than the composite fast intake? (nitrous backfire)

tb too what works good with what?

who makes the best tbs?

not look for the cheapest route but the best, what im going to be happyest with. want at least 20 to 30 hp gain, have been reading (dyno-proven gm ls1 thru ls7 proformance parts and they say the bbk and fast are about the same with the fast giving a few more horses)

I JUST CANT MAKE UP MY MIND

i hear that people dont like the fast and say its not worth the money

i hear that people like the ls6 for the price but its not as good as the fast

dont know much about the ls1 or 2 intakes

and really want some opinions on the bbk, sounds good but heard nothing about it just what i read from venders

so thank you for you help and hopefully this can be a help to others too

there is no best intake its what your vehicle is set up to do . different intakes will help more in certain areas to help a certain vehicle make the power where its needed.

the truck intake isnt a bad idea for a basically stock truck , you may gain some power with an ls6 but are your power levels the 90mm isnt going to offset the cost at all.

the ls7 had different style intake ports

so with a catedral style port your limited, to the ls6 , truck , tbss, , and aftermarkets.( i know there are more but thses are the common )

you need to figure out all your mods, cam, stall , heads and your intended use.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

fast seems to be the right fit for me i think i dont like the vic jr or the new edlebrock just not my cup of tea plus im sure that thing is going to cost an arm and a leg

I wouldn't say $439.00 is an arm and a leg for the Edlebrock LS Xt intake.

• 1 month later...
decided on the bbk due to nitrous backfire and price anyone running this?

The FAST has provisions for direct port that angle the nitrous nozzle deep into the ports. Pretty much cures nitrous backfire issues / puddling as long as you don't spray at too low of an RPM or too big of a shot. In addition, if backfires are still a concern, you can add rupture disks to the bottom of the intake.

I am not familiar with anyone using the BBK besides you.

The FAST has provisions for direct port that angle the nitrous nozzle deep into the ports. Pretty much cures nitrous backfire issues / puddling as long as you don't spray at too low of an RPM or too big of a shot. In addition, if backfires are still a concern, you can add rupture disks to the bottom of the intake.

I am not familiar with anyone using the BBK besides you.

Never heard of anybody going with the BBK... :withstupid:

New intake looks pretty sweet. just looks taller than it really is

TBSS, FAST and the Vic jr are your only options. Hot Rod did a test on the LS6 vs the truck intake and gained nothing. The truck will give you more bottom end without giving up anything on the topend over the LS6. The FAST wouldn't be my choice because of price and I'd say the TBSS if more hassle than the Vic. If it were my truck and all I cared about was how fast she will run I'd go with the Vic. Actually I'd drop a 150 shot through the stock intake and see if that didn't calm my GAS.