05 Awd Ss In Nc

05_gaSShog

Whats up guys, I'm Jason from NC (Pinehurst Area). I just bought a "new to me" 2005 AWD SS in Victory Red from a local dealership with 30,584 miles on her and a 48month 48 mile warranty.

I must say, I've been looking a lot of trucks and this screamed at me. I researched some stuff on this forum last night, and I think the truck already has the easiest bolt on mods.

It has a K&N Flipk gen II, a digital brake controller, and aftermarket exhaust (unknown type). What's another good lower priced mod to do early on?

I'm wondering if it has a shift kit installed...the shifts feel firm and quick under full throttle...and 2nd kinda "clunks if being light" on the throttle...but if not really getting on it, its smooth. They are nothing like my previous ram was stock...i killed the TqM in it and this still feels stiffer than my ram did, is that pretty typical of stock?

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

I'm wondering if it has a shift kit installed...the shifts feel firm and quick under full throttle...and 2nd kinda "clunks if being light" on the throttle...but if not really getting on it, its smooth. They are nothing like my previous ram was stock...i killed the TqM in it and this still feels still stiffer is that pretty typical of stock?

I'm wondering if it has a shift kit installed...the shifts feel firm and quick under full throttle...and 2nd kinda "clunks if being light" on the throttle...but if not really getting on it, its smooth. They are nothing like my previous ram was stock...i killed the TqM in it and this still feels stiffer than my ram did, is that pretty typical of stock?

Im not an expert but ive had this same question. i have an 05 SSS too and i've noticed the shifts being pretty firm especially into second. So im assuming that they do it stock. Cant wait to get a shift kit and PCM tune in the near future

you close to willmington?

we should get together i can take a look and answer any question.....i have a run coming up sunday at the track and running a freaken miata friday night .....he thinks he can win but whatever sunday at the track should be cool.......we meet every tuesday night good time