Beat A Lightning!

SSpoiled18

Those lightnings are amazing and it does take alot of mods to compare with them on the dry streets. I raced my buddy's lightning and I had the jump by about a truck length and then he caught up to neck and neck all the way to 90 before we slowed down even with my mods. The only mods he had was a gear ratio of 3:73, intake, exhaust, tune, and a pully upgrade. His grand and a half to my six in mods. But I should get him now cause I raced him before I installed my 4:56 gears. :cheers:

i don't believe that's all the way true.Yes they are good trucks but i beat my friend's with my truck. He was an exhaust on his and his Eaton of course.

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never raced a lightning on the street before but i have on the strip. I raced this same one twice, the first time we were the first vehicles down the track. we both took of and he did not get any traction but my AWD did. I ran a 14.8 and i had him off the line and most of the way down the track and he got me by a half a length, i was shocked. The next time however was a different story, he got traction and i ran a 14.8 and i think he ran a 13.8. So its definitely possible with poor roads to beat a lightning with little mods.

I just hope one day i can beat one for real on good roads and traction.....................maybe one day

it also can come manual

autos are quicker off the line than a manual. I put my BMW 328i automatic (stock) up against a modded out 95 BMW M3 and left the M in the dust off the line. Then again its the driver also.