I Hate Being The Mature One

BigCountry

I never have anyone bite when I'm alone, then tonight the family went out to dinner, Me, the wife and both kids (6 and 2 yr old little girls) Don't you know that a single cab Tundra 5.7 is weaving his way through traffic and realized I had an SS I guess, because he stopped all his zig zaging and just stayed close. I knew it would happen, 2 red lights later, we're bumper to bumper. he's got a roll pan, limo tint and no visible tailpipe, I just have the feeling he chompin at the bit, so I told my wife to watch this guy. She said what are you talking about. Of course I gave her the Cliff notes version of why this is the fastest production truck out and he's wanting a piece bad. She says no way, that's just a plain old truck, hahaha. He's inchin up and I'm practicing my 2 foot prep for the light, knowing it's just practice for me..... Green drops, and he launches like a monster with only a chirp of the tires. I'm thinkin' 4wd or he's done this a ton to keep it going to the pavement. I look at my kids sitting in the back seat totaly oblivious, watching a DVD and I just cruise on.... Damn that was hard. Bad thing is, I think I could have made a race out of it. I would have loved to see how bad he was gonna pull me, maybe next time.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

lol well at least you took the high road, i mean you had your family on the truck with you. He must have been 4wd or like you said, had a lot of practice, cause it is so easy to light up tires with these things, and just sit there smokin while the other guy passes you up. Not that its ever happened to me before or anything. (but i caught him and put at least 4 lengths between us and pulling, poor daytona hemi)

Edited by socaliallstar82 (see edit history)

Ya, the bad thing is, he prolly thinks I didn't want any, when I was really drooling at the chance. He's prolly talkin smack to his boys how this SSS wouldn't even try. Wish my tint wasn't so dark for times like this so he would know what the deal was, haha. I'm still pissed.

Glad you made the right move not always the best idea to race on road. I almost wont race due to the fact the idoit in the other vehicle wants to race in traffic. I dont put other people's lives at stake for my fun. I have tried to race a few people on empty roads that wont take the bait but not everybody enjoys it.

way to make a choice.

i will say im not really for having others in my car if i choose to bite. only on extenuating( sp ) circumstances. I also get a few other dum shits trying to race and i can tell by their driving habits( like mentioned above weaving without reguard) to race or not.

I had one want to run last sunday. We were the only two vehicles on the road at the last redlight going out of town. Unfortunately, earlier in the day I had upped my tire pressure to 32 psi from the 26 that I usually run at. I still beat him, but the third time I blew the tires off, I was only 3 lengths ahead. I stopped at a gas station for a coke, he followed me in and was asking what I had done to it because he usually has close races with the TBSSs. I told him I was tuned , but he said "Bullshit, you could barely keep that thing under control". :jester:

I never have anyone bite when I'm alone, then tonight the family went out to dinner, Me, the wife and both kids (6 and 2 yr old little girls) Don't you know that a single cab Tundra 5.7 is weaving his way through traffic and realized I had an SS I guess, because he stopped all his zig zaging and just stayed close. I knew it would happen, 2 red lights later, we're bumper to bumper. he's got a roll pan, limo tint and no visible tailpipe, I just have the feeling he chompin at the bit, so I told my wife to watch this guy. She said what are you talking about. Of course I gave her the Cliff notes version of why this is the fastest production truck out and he's wanting a piece bad. She says no way, that's just a plain old truck, hahaha. He's inchin up and I'm practicing my 2 foot prep for the light, knowing it's just practice for me..... Green drops, and he launches like a monster with only a chirp of the tires. I'm thinkin' 4wd or he's done this a ton to keep it going to the pavement. I look at my kids sitting in the back seat totaly oblivious, watching a DVD and I just cruise on.... Damn that was hard. Bad thing is, I think I could have made a race out of it. I would have loved to see how bad he was gonna pull me, maybe next time.

that, my friend, is an exercise in self control im not sure i would have been able to pull off. you are a rock!

that, my friend, is an exercise in self control im not sure i would have been able to pull off. you are a rock!

If your 2 yr old baby girl (who is still undergoing chemo treatment for Leukemia) was in the back seat, you would have found the self control too I'm sure. :)

heck yeah. was not aware of her condition. i will add her to my prayer list.

Thanks, I don't mention it much on message boards, but it added to my sanity in my decision last night. She is in remission and in the best hands imaginable (St Jude) but we still have 2 years of treatments left.... Jan 2011 can't come fast enough, we gladly accept all the prayers we can get :)

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Thanks, I don't mention it much on message boards, but it added to my sanity in my decision last night. She is in remission and in the best hands imaginable (St Jude) but we still have 2 years of treatments left.... Jan 2011 can't come fast enough, we gladly accept all the prayers we can get :)

(St Jude) That is where I work! We will do all we can.

CD