Converter,cam Match That Will Work For Later Heads Mod

want to do a good cam converter match that will work well with some good heads. i wont be able to buy the heads with the cam but would like them to work well with and without each other. I cant afford to do all mods at once but would like to feel something each mod...any good ideas would be apperitiated,would love some tried and true setups someones allreadys got...thankful 4 any good help

get the cam last!

get the heads you want and get the stall that suites your driving needs/goals

then get a custom grind spect our to your mods

I understand the logic behind your opinion...but I cant afford the heads right now and i would like to match the cam and converter...instant gratifaction I guess, but I would feel good results, and mabey I could think ahead and figure out what heads I will need to work well with my setup........I dont know mabey it just wont work, but hopefully, for my sake I can find a good match...

I understand the logic behind your opinion...but I cant afford the heads right now and i would like to match the cam and converter...instant gratifaction I guess, but I would feel good results, and mabey I could think ahead and figure out what heads I will need to work well with my setup........I dont know mabey it just wont work, but hopefully, for my sake I can find a good match...

if i was you i would call texas speed or thunder racing

• 2 weeks later...
I am running a 3200 stall. its ok for DD and a beast when I step on it. this allows me to run a little bigger cam, kind of keeps me NA bc a radix would like a 2600 stall...but my 3200 will work with a turbo.

I know everybody keeps saying 2800-3200 is good but it just seems so high Im really worried it will feel harsh when im just cruising.

I know everybody keeps saying 2800-3200 is good but it just seems so high Im really worried it will feel harsh when im just cruising.

I you want a killer stall go with a TCS converter. Call TSP for your cam they will help ya. I have done business with both places and I wont ever do business with TR ever again for reasons I will disclose in a pm only

not sure if you saw the video of a member with a 3000 stall....check it out..maybe that would help you decide

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51438

:thumbs:

Edited by lilmarv1117 (see edit history)

im running a trailblazer stall w/ my 224 cam and i really like it. i know there are much better stalls out there but, for the price it cant be beat and almost drives like stock around town. sure as hell takes off much harder now. if your interested pm me and ill talk a little more about my set up. one of my main concerns was budget and daily driveability and this set up falls into both.

im running a trailblazer stall w/ my 224 cam and i really like it. i know there are much better stalls out there but, for the price it cant be beat and almost drives like stock around town. sure as hell takes off much harder now. if your interested pm me and ill talk a little more about my set up. one of my main concerns was budget and daily driveability and this set up falls into both.

my last set up was like yours, but w/o the converter. I bet its nice, pulls above 3K like a mofo??

• 3 weeks later...

once you get a better converter you will see what you have been missing :cheers:

i pretty happy w my setup for a little cash as ive got invested. got some heads on the way from katech maybe they will pep it up some. as far as a better tc i think ive decided to wait until the tranny dumps and just handle everything tranny related then. 60000 and still turnin lol