1.85 rockers

They are easy enough to install. You will see some power from them. But for the price, you'd see much more power from a cam swap and probably save a few bucks. You'll need valve springs with either option, and thats the hardest part of a cam swap, so I'd just do a cam swap.

I have a set of 1.85s but I havent put them on yet, they are Harland Sharp rockers. I dont remember what I payed for them though. Most people dont recomend them, but I figured Id give them a try, Since im not gonna do a cam until I have the money for a nice set of heads at the same time.

I am doing rockers too. I was looking into better pushrods. I want to do a cam later. I think that using both rather than just a cam and springs, would give a more reliable setup. Less stress one the assembly. A little on one side, a little on the other.

Bigtex has shown cams are needed on these engines. Look at his track runs.

I am doing rockers too. I was looking into better pushrods. I want to do a cam later. I think that using both rather than just a cam and springs, would give a more reliable setup. Less stress one the assembly. A little on one side, a little on the other.

Bigtex has shown cams are needed on these engines. Look at his track runs.

Doing a little on one side and little on the other side, as you put it, will not cause any less stress. I think the point BigTex was trying to make was save the money and get just the cam. You can get the cam with the disired amount of lift already cut into it. Both setups will need springs. Get just the cam and springs and you're done, and save $400+ in the process.

You are prob right. That theory is for really high lifts that we would prob never see in a street truck. I still am nervous about changing a cam. This is a good way to get some lift, do it myself save$$$. I would just have to pay a shop to change my cam. I am really nervous that they will screw it up and the dealer will prob never notice this mod. A lope in a new cam is really apparent to a mechanic. I want to stick to a gm cam like from the vette. I figure if I use gm parts. I can play stupid on the warranty.

Archived