Nitros Question

can I do a small shot without a built motor...whats safe???...is nitros even ever safe, I would like to do it because its cheap and easily obtainable hp but I dont know if its ever smart.........one things for sure, its definetly aluring

if it were my truck i was putting the bottle to. i would not put no more than a 125 hp wet shotto it. and that would be with a very good tune. I would not buy a dry kit wet is the way to go. you would also want to run colder plugs with a good tune. IMO

:withstupid:

125 is the most im running 100shot right now and i feel its just right, 75 didnt do to much for me .........just be carefule and tune it well thats the best advice i can give check out my thread in the forced induction section good luck and take the time to do it right anyone can just through a bottle on its those who take there time and tune gain the most without blowing anything up........watch the trans if anything thats what goes first im looking ito a nitrous controller so im not ever ever spraying through a shift thats what makes them go boom

just spend the extra for the right equipment... and its not as bad as people make it seems at times. those people that abuse it are the one that go BOMB lol here read this it should help.. and whatever you do don't use a dry shot just my 2cents and by the way its Nitrous not nitros lol

http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=384623 enjoy

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

Im running 150 with many bottles through the truck and no issues. (still stock internals) I am tossing around installing a 2 stage setup though with 200 total shot of juice in the future. It's all in the tune and having a good nitrous system.

I believe the consensus is no more than about 125 shot on a stock set up..But opiions will definatley very both ways :)

:wtf::cheers:

what we some of us have safely run on a stock block is double what he just said...well maybe im the onyl one, but i ran a 250 shot on mine with no problems.....not saying you should run that i would say for you to stay with no more then a 125 shot until you learn more about it and all that good stuff :chevy:

:wtf::cheers:

what we some of us have safely run on a stock block is double what he just said...well maybe im the onyl one, but i ran a 250 shot on mine with no problems.....not saying you should run that i would say for you to stay with no more then a 125 shot until you learn more about it and all that good stuff :chevy:

LOL..I was awaiting your reply

hell i think im going to run a 75 shot till i figure out wich f/i system im going with

only bad thing is a 75 you wont feel in a 5,000lb truck...it barely makes the truck jump a couple hundred rpm :shakehead:

thanks for all the help, I guess what I gathered is I can run a 125 shot with the nesisary tuning? Would I need different tunes for regular driving and shooting nitroUs...And what system would you recomend???

Harris Speedworks makes a very nice complete plate kit for 500-600 bucks. All youll need then is your gauges and a bottle heater INVEST IN A WIDEBAND AFR GAUGE. Very important. NX and NOS are very good brands as well. I would go with a plate setup If I did it again. Then nozzle is good but the TB plate is better. You'll need a Fuel pressure and a nitrous gauge as well. The tune is VERY important as well. I wouldnt go over a 125-150 shot. DO NOT SPRAY ON A STOCK TUNE, PERIOD!!!! No you will not need seperate tunes. Sure the Nitrous tune will pull a little HP from the truck under normal driving circumstances but Ill bet my next paycheck on the fact that you wont be able to tell a difference. I couldnt. NGK TR6 Spark plugs are what you would want to run as well. Hope this helps.

only bad thing is a 75 you wont feel in a 5,000lb truck...it barely makes the truck jump a couple hundred rpm :shakehead:

really. thanks for the heads up man. i dont wanna do anything crazy how would a 100 shot of juice do.