Blacked Out Front Ends

Hey Guys. I'm changing up the front of my SS. I ordered a 5pc black chrome street scene grille to go on my truck. The more I see of photos of blacked out front ends the more I like it. I'm thinking about painting the ducts black to and maybe the bowtie. Any of you that have a full or partial blacked out frontend would you post a photo of it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2985580320_cb0406e69d.jpg

2985561558_7dfd268972.jpg

2979720598_6528500b6c.jpg

I dont think the black chrome grilles look very black- its more like gunmetal wheels look like. I got a regular billet grille and got it powdercoated, I also got the ducts painted black but make sure they do it right or it will flake off like mine did. I painted the bowtie myself and its holding up good

Hey Guys. I'm changing up the front of my SS. I ordered a 5pc black chrome street scene grille to go on my truck. The more I see of photos of blacked out front ends the more I like it. I'm thinking about painting the ducts black to and maybe the bowtie. Any of you that have a full or partial blacked out frontend would you post a photo of it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

look at my sig, same grille kit.. black duct work not sure on.. been thinking about it myself.. lost all pics when my house was broke in and stole laptop, more than welcome to check myspace site.. http://www.myspace.com/73richierich

good luck

Richard

2985580320_cb0406e69d.jpg

2985561558_7dfd268972.jpg

2979720598_6528500b6c.jpg

I dont think the black chrome grilles look very black- its more like gunmetal wheels look like. I got a regular billet grille and got it powdercoated, I also got the ducts painted black but make sure they do it right or it will flake off like mine did. I painted the bowtie myself and its holding up good

Yeah. I don't know if I'm going to paint the ducts or not. I purchased a 5pc street scene grille in a satin finish, but I will have it powder coated in a glossy black. I have one of the SS bowties from shopman 1 and that shows up great on the grille. I sold my billet grille to Charles this week and was afraid to take it off right then but it turned out to look pretty good without it. I had painted the grey insert black so the insert wouldn't so thru the billet grille. I guess I need to do one thing at a time and go from there. Thanks for the photos.

how do yall pain the stock grill? i took mine of but its attached to the middle piece and i dont want to accidently paint it

i just took my time and taped it off

• 2 weeks later...