Looks Like My Oil Pan Has To Come Off.

CoolBlueSS

you can replace the oring on the tube with out droping the pan. You just pull the tube out abd the oring is on the tube. Atleast it was when I did my headers

he is talking about his oil pump pick up not his dip stick.

Are you sure this is the problem? Or just a best guess? My engine also has a bad lifter tick at idle, I just wrote it off as a crappy OEM lifter, the sound goes away above idle and certainly does not hurt the performance of the truck. Just saying that's a TON of f'n effort for a 1-cent part on a hunch. Call me if you decide to do this and want help, I've replaced my front diff last year and you need a second pair of hands or tranny jack :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Are you sure this is the problem? Or just a best guess? My engine also has a bad lifter tick at idle, I just wrote it off as a crappy OEM lifter, the sound goes away above idle and certainly does not hurt the performance of the truck. Just saying that's a TON of f'n effort for a 1-cent part on a hunch. Call me if you decide to do this and want help, I've replaced my front diff last year and you need a second pair of hands or tranny jack :thumbs:

All the symptoms point to this, and I've talk to the techs who have done these for that very problem. I'm going to check it out furthur before diving into this. It just looks like a MFer to do on AWD.

All the symptoms point to this, and I've talk to the techs who have done these for that very problem. I'm going to check it out furthur before diving into this. It just looks like a MFer to do on AWD.

It's not hard, just enough of a chore to piss you off. Like R & R -ing your transmission. :banghead: Too bad situation wasn't different, it would also be a good time to install better rod bolts and raise the redline :driving: