Code P0449

JF-03-SS

So I know the code has to do w/ the Evap system but my question is if I put the stock PCM back in, will the code/DTC still be there? The check engine light/code needs to be there for them to solve issue. Have a appt. for Friday to have this looked at but don't want to go in w/ my tuned PCM, just in case. Anyone know?

Thanks, Jeff~

I dont think they can tell its been tuned unless they really know what they are doing with the Tech2. With a code like that they will probably give it to a young guy who hasnt been around long enough to notice anything weird. Just hope he doesnt reprogram it wrong and screw anything up. Are you under warranty still? Why would it matter if the warranty is up

Hey Jeff ...

I had the same Code ... It is a Selinoid problem ... quick fix ...

It will not show up if you change out your PCM. But Mine went in to be fixed and I had my PCM with the Tune in it. They did not say anything to me ...

Shuan

Hey Jeff ...

I had the same Code ... It is a Selinoid problem ... quick fix ...

It will not show up if you change out your PCM. But Mine went in to be fixed and I had my PCM with the Tune in it. They did not say anything to me ...

Shuan

Shit! That is not what I wanted to hear. Guess I will have to take the chance with the tuned PCM :banghead:

That would be a dead giveaway.

Yeah but you are covering your azz so to speak. Besides, the vent solenoid has absolutely nothing to do with the tune anyway, so it cannot void that part's warranty. Mine was at the dealer for a few different reasons back last spring, and I told them from the get go "don't touch my PCM please".......

When you drop it off, tell them you do not want the PCM touched, plain and simple......

I always tell them the same things when I go in for service: Do not reflash PCM/BCM, Do not rotate tires, Do not grease (I have my own synthetic grease for all the joints).

My dealer knows why I say these things, but nothing is official and they still gladly grant me warranty work. :dunno:

I think it depends on the dealership. Some service departments are very cooperative, some do as they damn well please. If you've had your truck there before and you're comfortable with them Jeff, then you're probably OK. If not, then good luck. :chevy: