playing in the rain

evandostert

I was speeding home tonight. It is like 3am. I hit my fav twisty road now covered with rain. I was still driving fast. I slipped and ended up spining out on someones front lawn. I destroyed the lawn big trenches. I was almost stuck in the mud. Well i am waiting for the police to knock on my door. The people were looking out the window, while I was stuck in the mud blasting mud all over the house trying to get free.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean you didn't stop and talk to them???? That might have kept the cops away and shown a little decency. I hope they do catch up with you. Somebody did that to me I'd be ready to shoot somebody. No joking.

Hell........I was young once too. Thank God I lived to tell about it! :smash:

People with a so many feet by so many feet plot of grass get awful excited over it! :D

I've been a police officer for over 29 years and when I am called to situations like you have described, the victim usually says "If they would have stopped and talked to me, we could have settled it without calling you, but now I'm pi55ed and I want the jerk charged!"

Here is our law, your subsection is (2).:

RCW 46.52.010

Duty on striking unattended car or other property -- Penalty. (Effective July 1, 2004.)

(1) The operator of any vehicle which collided with any other vehicle which is unattended shall immediately stop and shall then and there either locate and notify the operator or owner of such vehicle of the name and address of the operator and owner of the vehicle striking the unattended vehicle or shall leave in a conspicuous place in the vehicle struck a written notice, giving the name and address of the operator and of the owner of the vehicle striking such other vehicle.

(2) The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to property fixed or placed upon or adjacent to any public highway shall take reasonable steps to locate and notify the owner or person in charge of such property of such fact and of the name and address of the operator and owner of the vehicle striking such property, or shall leave in a conspicuous place upon the property struck a written notice, giving the name and address of the operator and of the owner of the vehicle so striking the property, and such person shall further make report of such accident as in the case of other accidents upon the public highways of this state.

(3) Any person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.

The ball is in your court, NOW BE A MAN AND GO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SCREW-UP.

Ray

I was young once, too. I recall a time I had to buy the city a new No Parking sign... no citation though.

In the long run, a little embarrassment and replacing some sod is better for your karma and your record...

i am not sure what to say. if it was my grass i would be pissed.you should have talked to them but i can see your point.(didnt want to be known for losing control of a awd truck :lol: ).We were all young once and you have to do stuff like that,the question is how will you handle it.When i was 16-18years old i would have done the same thing now i am 24 and not so sure.just glad it wont no trees there.. :eek:

I'd go looking for them before they come looking for YOU!!! How do you know they didn't get your plate number?

If you think your insurance is high now, wait till you get a wreckless driving citation on it!!!

when i was in high school kids thought it was funny to do that on purpose. my mom got so sick of it she sent me to the landscaper to get some rocks. we put 2 huge rocks in the front of the law. they got scared pretty good. one from a drunk driver and another from my x-girlfriends older brother.

Archived