Power Steering Wth?!?

freeman

So in December I let my dad take over payments on my truck and hes been using it. He called me the other day and told me the power steering is going out. This will have been the 3rd power steering pump to have gone bad in this truck. Why the hell is this truck eating power steering pumps? Any ideas?

Driving style? Turning lock to lock isn't the best for the pump. When the steering wheel is turned either way to the stop point, alot of strain is put on the pump. Also as mentioned, different wheels and tires eat it up too. Make sure it always has the correct amount of fluid in the res. as well.

I had issue's with my gear box and power steering pump. They replaced the pump 3 times then the gearbox. Apparently the fix was to use the pump and gearbox out of the HD. Goodluck! They was a TSB on it but I cant find it.

Turning lock to lock isn't the best for the pump.

I don't know why.. but when I hear ppl ridin the lock and still cranking on it... Its like nails down a chalkboard for me.

wal-mart = power steering hell