How Many Auto Painters Are On The Board?

1 Fast SS

Just wondering how many auto painters or airbrush artists we have on the board. I was thinking about getting back into it. I love to airbrush, as some of you may have seen my helmet that I airbrushed. I need to practice a few times to get back into the swing of things. It's like riding a bike, once you know how, it comes back to you. If things start to look good, then I might start painting cars and trucks again, and get a business going. Chime in if you like to paint or if you have any pics of things you painted.

Terry

Here's what I did today. I really need to get some candy red, orange, and yellow to really make the flames pop. I just used some old colors that I had laying around. The candy colors really do make the flames stand out. I outlined some of the flames with a red marker before I started airbrushing and when I cleared it, the stupid red marker came out! Well, I won't be doing that again. I still need alittle more practice, it's been 8 years I've painted.

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

worked for Zweifel for 3 years.. custom frame off cars. Didn't all the paint and body. Really enjoyed it, but it took a toll on my air bags.

Heres my the most recent paint I laid down.. This is dirty, and still needs polished..

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

Heres my first ever paint job, and my first camaro.. I was 18

732225_6_full.jpg

732225_7_full.jpg

732225_8_full.jpg

Yes I am, it gives me something to paint and show off when I get done. I'll make sure its my best work ever before I paint the covers, and then I'll show them to you guys. Then maybe I can do some for some of the members.

I have never done it for a living but here is the last vehicle I painted, what it looked like before and after I was done. Also a more recent one.

That some good work! It really takes skill to paint trucks. Most people don't what it takes to have $30,000 paint job. It's all in the prep!

I sprayed/massaged class 'A' concours show cars for a living for over 15 years...I have been out of it for the last 11...BUT may be doing it at GM again shortly due to the chaos here at GM...As the saying goes "tasting pies is not fun after someone starts paying you to do it..." I just got burnt out after so many years of 6 and 7 day weeks...the money was good, but it got so it was not fun anymore...I used to send my stuff out to get 'art' put on it...I can still do gold leaf and hand pinstripes...