2,600ish-3,000ish Torque Converter

Jaymz

the TBTC will not get any better than 2K and if you have the power to push it further it will crap on ya.

:withstupid: BMan's stalled to 2300-ish, the ATF temp went up 20-degrees, and it lasted 2-years with moderate nitrous use. He replaced it with a TCS 2800.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I ran a TBTC in my truck for about 2-3000 miles, it stalled to 2600 with no problem and I could twist it to almost 2800 if I stood on the brake pedal. The only reason I took it out was because I changed cams and needed more stall. I went with a Yank Pro Truck 3200 $945 shipped and I have had no problems with it in over 20,000 miles. Just my experiences....

I ran a TBTC in my truck for about 2-3000 miles, it stalled to 2600 with no problem and I could twist it to almost 2800 if I stood on the brake pedal. The only reason I took it out was because I changed cams and needed more stall. I went with a Yank Pro Truck 3200 $945 shipped and I have had no problems with it in over 20,000 miles. Just my experiences....

as your fluid sky rocketed in temp. and the converter started to shell you saw 2600 rpms

Well, I'll go against the grain and say Yank even though you already shot it down.

I had a Yank TT2600 ($425 new) in my truck for about 45k miles or so, 15k of which were behind a radix and the truck launched and ran beautiful. No problems with the yank. I even still have it out in the box in the shed. I would let it go for $125 and ship it direct to yank for his $200 or however much it is refresher to make it like new. A couple of people have stated this converter is just an off the shelf GM shell restalled to yanks specs. It might be, I dont know. Its not billet, that I am sure about.

Now, I have a billet Yank SC2600 (his SC3000 re-stalled for 2600). I paid $945 for it. I've had that behind the radix now for over 10k miles, probably more near 15k and no issues. I know some people swear yank is junk. I disagree and have been very happy with both of mine.

the TBTC will not get any better than 2K and if you have the power to push it further it will crap on ya.

My TBTC is flashing at 2800-2900,and I have had it on my truck blown for over 20,000 miles,I have been waiting for it to crap as I am a big fan of precision torque converters (have one for my car) but this thing keeps running strong,and I am probably around 550 whp.Maybe I have the strongest TBTC in the world, but zippy said he has seen them hold at damn near 1000 hp.

My TBTC is flashing at 2800-2900,and I have had it on my truck blown for over 20,000 miles,I have been waiting for it to crap as I am a big fan of precision torque converters (have one for my car) but this thing keeps running strong,and I am probably around 550 whp.Maybe I have the strongest TBTC in the world, but zippy said he has seen them hold at damn near 1000 hp.

you are very very lucky...better go knocl on some wood quick!!!!!

Well, I'll go against the grain and say Yank even though you already shot it down.

I had a Yank TT2600 ($425 new) in my truck for about 45k miles or so, 15k of which were behind a radix and the truck launched and ran beautiful. No problems with the yank. I even still have it out in the box in the shed. I would let it go for $125 and ship it direct to yank for his $200 or however much it is refresher to make it like new. A couple of people have stated this converter is just an off the shelf GM shell restalled to yanks specs. It might be, I dont know. Its not billet, that I am sure about.

Now, I have a billet Yank SC2600 (his SC3000 re-stalled for 2600). I paid $945 for it. I've had that behind the radix now for over 10k miles, probably more near 15k and no issues. I know some people swear yank is junk. I disagree and have been very happy with both of mine.

I would not run a Yank TT series in a blown truck..I "DID" but it would not handle the power and ultimatley shelled on me only to get the run around from Yank. I swithced to a highly recommended TCS..they are Billet and I can tell a night and day difference in the way my truck runs..I can only hope i have the time slips to prove it next weekend.

I would not run a Yank TT series in a blown truck..I "DID" but it would not handle the power and ultimatley shelled on me only to get the run around from Yank. I swithced to a highly recommended TCS..they are Billet and I can tell a night and day difference in the way my truck runs..I can only hope i have the time slips to prove it next weekend.

That is precisely why I went with the SC series this time around. When I bought the TT2600, I had no plans for the radix. And when I added the radix, I knew I would be eventually replacing the trans anyhow and there was no sense in swapping the converter until that time came. But that TT did its job with no complaints, even in towing a bass boat. I agree, I think too many people try to go the cheap route, hope and pray, and when it goes wrong, they blame the company. The guy at Yank always from the start told me in no way would the TT stand up to repeated forced induction abuse. he always steered me to the SC for FI apps. Some people told me they felt like he was just trying to up sell them, when he was telling them they needed the bigger TC. How can someone be mad at yank, knowing that the TT wasn't good enough for FI, did he physically tell them that? Imply it would be? I dont know what kind of conversations people have had with him and I wasnt there so I dont know. But he said the SC billet for FI, so I took his advice and have been very happy. I guess I just dont understand the issues against yank. I know he's had some failures, but so has PI, and so have others, and a good majority of any failures are misuse of application.