Avic Install Tips

I finally put in the z2 today, and there are some probs. I had everything in good, but it wasn't bypassed because I didn't put in the update cd. I pushed the reset button on it, and now there is no sound. I have reset is several times, took off the grounded wires, and looked at EVERY setting!! I cannot figure it out. After I put in the cd and updated it, the bypass works great now, but I have NO SOUND!! Speakers still put out voltage, and factory radio still works. Does anyone have a clue? I wanted to call Pioneer, but they are only mon-fri...

I have checked every setting on the unit. I read in other posts from other websites about all the amplified/non amped wire harnesses. This is just the regular stereo with no amplifiers, and I am running the Metra GMRC01 harness. I checked every setting for a "mute" somwhere, but everything is turned up. I just don't get how the sound worked, and when I reset it, it stopped. I am thinking about trying a different harness and see if that one stopped. It was used already.

Well, after numerous tests and countless hours troubleshooting, I have a fried unit. I had 0 volts on the speaker leads on the back of the HU. I had to send it out for repairs today. I will see if they can fix the problem.... :(

• 2 weeks later...