desrtrat

It's hard to believe it's been 50 years since the plain crash that killed

Buddy Holly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Holly

Richie Valens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritchie_Valens

J P Richardson The Big Bopper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bopper

early greats of rock n roll that left there mark on so many performers for years to come..

they say the good die young, but they are still alive with us today in there music.. :thumbs:

:angel: RIP :angel:

:tear:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

Not to minimize the contributions of these artists, but I have an opinion that many who die young and / or tragically have a legacy that is much more inflated than if they had lived out a normal life. ("It's better to burn out than to fade away.") I'd name some names, but that would likely start trouble.

Not to minimize the contributions of these artists, but I have an opinion that many who die young and / or tragically have a legacy that is much more inflated than if they had lived out a normal life. ("It's better to burn out than to fade away.") I'd name some names, but that would likely start trouble.

:withstupid:

Couldn't be thinking about Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, James Dean or that guy from Seattle (kurt something) could you? :D ALL overrated. It's always amazed me how great people become once they're dead. :wtf:

:withstupid:

Couldn't be thinking about Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, James Dean or that guy from Seattle (kurt something) could you? :D ALL overrated. It's always amazed me how great people become once they're dead. :wtf:

Your not serious are you? Hendrix was a master at his trade and Kurt Cobain brought in the grunge style of music that most would compare to the beatles invasion on how big Nirvana was... The other two were also great in their profession.

Your not serious are you? Hendrix was a master at his trade and Kurt Cobain brought in the grunge style of music that most would compare to the beatles invasion on how big Nirvana was... The other two were also great in their profession.

X2

Somehow I knew people would disagree with those people. Just my opinion.