Why Does Everyone Think The Sss Is Goin To Be A Ss Collectible

houston05tx

Mine was used my ISS to haul nascar drivers around the track at the Texas Motor Speedway..The only documentation i have is the pics of my truck with all the damn stickers on it...what other kind of documentation is there?

I don't have a clue Brad. :dunno:

Mine was used my ISS to haul nascar drivers around the track at the Texas Motor Speedway..The only documentation i have is the pics of my truck with all the damn stickers on it...what other kind of documentation is there?

A certificate of authenticy. I tells you what number your truck is and stuff.

i think one day they may be collectors items, maybe 20 years down the line. Only time would tell. There maybe 35k on the road today but in 20 years there will be a lot less. People thought my dad was crazy when he was younger and said he thought his chevelle would be worth something, here we are 40 years later and his 69 chevelle is not worth about 20times what he paid for it originally

I predict un-molested ones will be hard to come by someday. They are arguably going to be the last of the mohicans. It doesn't look like GM is going to do another SS pickup again. I think the trucks have potential. If nothing else, they're highly optioned good looking trucks. You can't say enough for resale red at Barrett Jackson, by the way. Maybe not today, but someday.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt in my mind they will be collectable. The SSS is not overdone like some of the other SS's IE Monte Carlo and Impala. 20-30 years ago everyone was wondering if the Camaro's, Firebirds and other GM cars would be collectable and look at them now and they come in many colors. I myself was a sceptic back in 91 when the 454SS came out and look at how the value has been rising on it. Especialy the Cyclone, Typhoon and grandnational even though their value has been up from the start because their rare and really fast at the same time. Give our beloved SSS 15 to 20 more years and lets see. I just wish GM would have offered more than 1 engine combination just like they did for the 60's SS's. (Maybe a Supercharged 6.0 or GM Performance BB Crate?)

I dont think it will to big of a collectible truck, but then again look at the 67-72' trucks? Most of the people I know would love to have one...just think if they would have made an SS truck back in those days? I bet it would be worth some $$$$ imo. Maybe our SS's will follow suit??? To hard to predict, Im just going to have fun with mine for know :cheers:

They will definately be collector cars. Look at the Chevelle SS, Camaro SS, Impala and Nova SS. They were you average man's car. They were nothing special when new. Sure they were "performance" cars but they were your everyday car. Just like the SS Truck.