Why Does Everyone Think The Sss Is Goin To Be A Ss Collectible

houston05tx

Because some will be more than others. mine is number 75 of only 933 made. and i know that a few guys on here have ones that were also used as driver intro trucks at Nascar races. before going to the dealer. no matter i still use mine as a truck and also have alot of fun with it. its the owners and they can do with it as they please. JMO

I think that they will quit making them and never make them agian

Production of the SSS was stopped when the GMT800 truck line(1999 to the 1st half of 2007) was discontinued.

WHY WOULDNT IT BE

Unless it is an Intimidator which only 933 exist, or a documented NASCAR pace truck(driver introductions, etc.) it will probably never be a valuable collectable. An SSS in Arrival Blue or Silver Birch Metallic may be worth a touch more waaaaay down the road seeing how there were less of these colors produced rather then red or black. There are so many SSS's out there, for them to be a considered a collectable is a little far fetched. Production numbers are only known for 2003, but the genereal concensus here a while back was that there was probably 35-40,000 SSS's out on the streets. :dunno:

Production of the SSS was stopped when the GMT800 truck line(1999 to the 1st half of 2007) was discontinued.

Unless it is an Intimidator which only 933 exist, or a documented NASCAR pace truck(driver introductions, etc.) it will probably never be a valuable collectable. An SSS in Arrival Blue or Silver Birch Metallic may be worth a touch more waaaaay down the road seeing how there were less of these colors produced rather then red or black. There are so many SSS's out there, for them to be a considered a collectable is a little far fetched. Production numbers are only known for 2003, but the genereal concensus here a while back was that there was probably 35-40,000 SSS's out on the streets. :dunno:

unless its an 03.. no junkbirch color then :wink:

These will never be collectables... simply to many, in to many colors, and to many different models/options.

If they would of stayed with just black, all the same option like the 1st gen SS.. there might be a chance.

Edited by JaymzSS (see edit history)

Because some will be more than others. mine is number 75 of only 933 made. and i know that a few guys on here have ones that were also used as driver intro trucks at Nascar races. before going to the dealer. no matter i still use mine as a truck and also have alot of fun with it. its the owners and they can do with it as they please. JMO

Mine was used my ISS to haul nascar drivers around the track at the Texas Motor Speedway..The only documentation i have is the pics of my truck with all the damn stickers on it...what other kind of documentation is there?

unless its an 03.. no junkbirch color then :wink:

These will never be collectables... simply to many, in to many colors, and to many different models/options.

If they would of stayed with just black, all the same option like the 1st gen SS.. there might be a chance.

now i know your not burning on silver birch metallic. not every body can have the best looking color lol