Xm On The Stock Bose Question

Tzer

I've noticed that the XM on my stock Bose sounds umm worse then the FM and of course much worse then a CD or the Ipod as far a volume levels go.

Eg... The CD or Ipod can be at ¼ volume and sound fairly good where on XM I have to turn it up to ¾ volume to get the same results. Any one else notice that or is it just my system?

When I bought my SSS a year ago tomorrow the XM was live and still is today so I listen to it now and then but it just seems like it isn't going through the amp or sub like the other settings are (FM, CD, Ipod).

This normal?

I've noticed that the XM on my stock Bose sounds umm worse then the FM and of course much worse then a CD or the Ipod as far a volume levels go.

Eg... The CD or Ipod can be at ¼ volume and sound fairly good where on XM I have to turn it up to ¾ volume to get the same results. Any one else notice that or is it just my system?

When I bought my SSS a year ago tomorrow the XM was live and still is today so I listen to it now and then but it just seems like it isn't going through the amp or sub like the other settings are (FM, CD, Ipod).

This normal?

it trully depends on the channel, as XM does have the ability to limit bandwidth to certain channels, such as talk radio stations that dont need full audio spectrum. also this isnt limited to the xm on our trucks. we get the same complaint on aftermarket installed units as well as FM mod units. IMO, stick with your IPOD! i added sirius to my alpine and have yet to activate it. thanks to your help with myPOD!

This normal?

I've notived the same with mine.

Chris, do you still have the ipod adaptors available?

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

get yalls xm radios direct connected to the aux input on the back of the deck. Crystal clear XM and you get the full volume! Its the only way it works good. i tried programming it to a station first and had the same problems your talking about.

How does one go about doing this?

i did this on an aftermarket deck with aux inputs, since the factory deck had an aux button im assuming it will work the same way.

there isnt an "aux" input on our factory heads. I been watching this thread to see the outcome and i have to say, not impressed with how some people mislead others without really knowing what they are talking about.

the word ASSUME above says it all...

to get an AUX into our radios you have to buy a peripheral outbard adaptor to create it. as well as the facotry XM tuner does not have just RCA or mini jack outputs so the solution listed above it not a solution.

sorry to get everyones hopes up.

there you have it then, sorry for the confusion. to clear up my solution, i have an aftermarket deck with an aux input and sirius with a mini jack to direct connect it. And yes i just assumed the factory deck had an aux hook up since it does have an aux button. My fault