Getting Ready For Exhasut...check Out My Idea!

rpss4844

So i love the look of a side exit exhaust and have only seen a few cars with my idea. i want to use a boom tube off a nascar race car. they can be had for pretty cheap and they it would loook awesome. I know it will be loud but i like it loud and there maybe even enough room to add mufflers before the tubes. So give me some feedback on some things to look out for. Also planning on doing longtubes at the same time.

http://www.musclemotorsports.com/exhaust-c...x-36--used.html

Edited by rpss4844 (see edit history)

sorry for the confusion..lol! II'm talkin about running longtube headers into an exhaust boom off of a nascar race car or race truck and have it exit on the passenger side. I'm just not sure yet if there will be room for mufflers. also how does the SSS sound without mufflers? Here are some side exit pics i found on the net.

http://www.racingmetal.com/images/johnson/jj236.jpg

Check out this guys post on a third-gen camaro. even though one of them isnt functional it still looks cool and i plan on getting a dual-to-single like the one pictured above.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/exhaust/...ust-plenty.html

Edited by rpss4844 (see edit history)

I've got a buddy who works for a drag race team, and he's fabbing me up some tips just like that, although it'll be able to accept a 3" exhaust, and won't be as large as the boom tubes, I love that look. I can see if he'd fab you up a set also, he's cheap.

I've got a buddy who works for a drag race team, and he's fabbing me up some tips just like that, although it'll be able to accept a 3" exhaust, and won't be as large as the boom tubes, I love that look. I can see if he'd fab you up a set also, he's cheap.

yea definetly so. i if i just had the tips like that then i know there would be room for mufflers, i want my truck loud but not so loud i cant hear myself think!! how soon do you think he will have you some ready? Do you know what the dimensions of the tips you want are?

I think they are approx 12" long 2" tall, and accept a three inch pipe. The nhra season started, so I'll talk to him when he gets back in town. They are going to look identical to the other tips as far as visually, just not as huge. I'll keep you posted.