Help! Abs Acting Up...

streatsboy

Well... My ABS has been acting up on me. Everytime i start braking and get to around 10 mph my ABS kicks in and the pedal starts pulsing. The ABS light comes on and off from time to time. Anyone else ever have this problem? I have researched but have not been able to pinpoint the problem. Since it started i have removed both speed sensors and cleaned them and the mounting surface, but it did not help it. Any input would help....

sounds like you were on the right track when you cleaned the sensor mounting surface, prob just didnt file it down enough. the abs is activating cause its loosing one or both of the front wheel speed signals, usually caused by rust buildup between the sensor and the hub. i use a small flat fie to remove all rust and pitting.

sounds like you were on the right track when you cleaned the sensor mounting surface, prob just didnt file it down enough. the abs is activating cause its loosing one or both of the front wheel speed signals, usually caused by rust buildup between the sensor and the hub. i use a small flat fie to remove all rust and pitting.

Thanks for the input. I'm beginning to think it's a wheel bearing on my driver side. IT has started making a scraping noise when i cut the wheel left or right.