Hotchkis suspension?

loneranger

Wanting to get some opinions on dropping my truck 2/4. Seeing how most everyone use hangers/shackles and either spindle or shorter springs in the front, I asked the tech person there what I should do. He told me that they offer a 2/4 drop package that includes: shorter coils for the front, new leaf springs for the rear, new sway bars front and rear. Cost is about $950. :( He also said that doing hangers/shackles to drop the rear is a cheap way out, but not the best. That I should replace the stock leafs with the Hotchkis units. When I asked about front drop spindles, he said shorter coil springs is the better way to go. I have no doubt about Hotchkis reputation being one of the best, but I'd still like you guys' real world experience and thoughts on what he told me.

Thanks!

I have the Hotchkis front coils and they are ok..to lose I would get some McGauphy's spindles in the front.

Also I have th front and rear sway bars so that makes it much better ride I just hate the coils.

I would do the hotchkis rear springs. Those are good but I can't right now I will soon.

And the price is not bad, would that be installed and parts? :D

of course if you call them they are going to want to load you up with their products. if it were the cheap things tend to break and i haven't heard of anyone havin issues.

spindles hangers and shackles will probably be just fine. sway bars would be nice but i am guessing the ride will improve just from being down a little bit more. IMO

I had that setup on my last truck. I loved it, except for the load rating going away. Towing pulled the rear down quite a bit. I can't compare it to any other lowering stuff, because that is the only time I have lowered anything.

Wanting to get some opinions on dropping my truck 2/4. Seeing how most everyone use hangers/shackles and either spindle or shorter springs in the front, I asked the tech person there what I should do. He told me that they offer a 2/4 drop package that includes: shorter coils for the front, new leaf springs for the rear, new sway bars front and rear. Cost is about $950. :( He also said that doing hangers/shackles to drop the rear is a cheap way out, but not the best. That I should replace the stock leafs with the Hotchkis units. When I asked about front drop spindles, he said shorter coil springs is the better way to go. I have no doubt about Hotchkis reputation being one of the best, but I'd still like you guys' real world experience and thoughts on what he told me.

Thanks!

Don't you have torsion bars in the front?

Don't you have torsion bars in the front?

read his sig...

"'03 Silverado 1500 LT ecsb, Summit White/Charcoal, Spin-Tech catback, Bruteforce CAI"

Am I missing something :confused:

I was trying to figure out if he was 4 or 2 wheel drive in an earlier post of his about dropping his truck.

Archived