Slow 'em Down

KJT13

don't worry about jacking the thread. if it helps anyone, that's all that matters! good story too. not the theft part, but the rest. and not to mention, I haven't heard anyone say "socked" in so long. no offense, but made me laugh. :P

That is funny. thanks for the theft info, good to have.. Bruins Rule

The door panels come off pretty easy. A couple of points to make note of. I had a 2002 and now my 2005 and there were a couple differences between the 2. First off, DO NOT FORCE ANYTHING! Trust me, I speak from personal experience.

On my 02 I had to pry up the window/door lock control panel. On my 2005 I tried this and ended up breaking it because it was screwed in from the bottom inside and not just snapped in place.

Another thing is that on the back side of the door panel, about center, there is a cap that pops off that covers a torqux head screw, on the front side of the panel, again located about center is what looks like a cap, ots actually a bushing type plug that just pushes in.

When you do get all of the screws out lift up and pull off, again, do NOT force anything. If it does not come off easily something is still holding it in place.

As to placing the Jimmi Jammer in place, its the same procedure as if you are going to replace a door handle.

I know there is a write up somewhere on line with pictures. I'll see if I can locate it.

Here is a How to on the Jimmi Jammer site, LIKNY NOTE, Photo 2 was correct for my 2002 but was WRONG for my 2005

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)